Amusement and Stress

It was not everyday Akaashi and Bokuto surprised Hinata with a special occasion. And today, a new amusement park opened. With a car full of snacks and good attitudes, they set off for the park at full speed—with Akaashi behind the wheel.

In the morning, Bokuto woke Hinata up by proclaiming loudly, "Shoyo! We're going to the amusement park! So get up and we'll be there early!" Of course, he didn't expect to scare poor Hinata, so he had to try and calm him down before Akaashi heard his cries. Which didn't work... at all.

Akaashi lightly hit Bokuto to display his anger, and quickly went over to calm down Hinata. "Why don't you just get ready? And set up the car while you're at it." The dejected Bokuto quietly did as he was told and also placed a candy bar on Hinata's seat.

"Maybe if you had woken him up gently, I wouldn't have hit you. Ever thought about that?" Akaashi asked, he drove into the admission booth lane, money in hand.

"No..." Bokuto said as he watched a family exit their vehicle.

"Well maybe you should think ahead next time."

<~>

"Look, we're the third group in line, thanks, Keiji. If I drove, we'd be the first ones here."

"In an ambulance."

"I wanna go on all the rides!" Hinata said, excitedly.

"I dunno, Shoyo, you might be a bit short for some of them." Bokuto picked up Hinata and held him while they passed through the entrance.

"I'll take Hinata on some little kid rides, you can either wait or go on a big ride." Akaashi held Hinata's hand as he took him to the little rides.

"No, I'll wait. It's a family trip, not a we-do-this-you-do-that trip. Besides, someone needs to be the cameraman." Bokuto held up his new camera. Hinata beamed with excitement when he saw the camera.

"Let's take a picture right now!"

"Ok, lemme just ask an employee. Ah!" Bokuto called a nearby worker and held up the camera. The park employee agreed and had them pose in front of the entrance. Hinata sat on Bokuto's shoulders as Akaashi held Bokuto's hand. "Cheese!"

After taking pictures, Hinata had a burning question. "Why do we say 'cheese' when taking a picture?"

"Because when you smile and say 'cheese' your teeth show and it doesn't look awkward." Bokuto explained. Whether it was the correct answer or not, it satisfied Hinata's curiosity. And it earned a giggle from Akaashi.

Idle chatter lasted until the park's opening tune sounded. The gates swung open and Akaashi was forced to hold back Hinata —and Bokuto. Making their way through the line, they managed to finally step into the park. Akaashi had barely even grabbed a map when Bokuto and Hinata were pulling him to the kid rides.

Ah, a log ride. Smooth sailing until you go down a steep slope and splash into the water. "Shoyo, are you sure you want to go on this one first? It's early in the morning and you might catch a cold." Akaashi asked.

"Yeah! We'll dry off on a fast ride so that we can go on it again in the afternoon."

"Let him have fun, Keiji. You wouldn't be that persistent if it were me!" Bokuto interjected. Akaashi gave him a sidelong glance.