Chapter 1 - A Unlucky Trait

Springkit appeared from the moss, shaking her pelt. She had lately been dozing off while her littermates basked in the everlasting light.

"Springkit, you must stay in the nursery," Her mothers soft voice echoed from the other nest, it held a warning tone. Springkit was born weak, smaller then her littermates but possesses a sharp and snappy personality, she's very bold and out-spoken.

"But Duskflower! I want to play moss ball with Lynxkit and Hollowkit!" Springkit whined, crawling over the younger kits, Blossomkit and Minnowkit.

"No. You may play later, right now I want you to help me adjust Blossomkit's nest," Her mother replied softly, resting her tail on the small tortoiseshell's shoulders.

Springkit grunted, hanging her head. "Fine," she grumbled, her tail trailing behind her.

_______

"C'mon Springkit! CreekClan is invading!" Lynxkit wailed, then lunged forward tackling his brother Hollowkit. Springkit joined the brown kit, tackling Hollowkit as she knocked him roughly to the ground.

"Ouch! You stepped on my tail!" Hollowkit wailed, shrinking back.

"S-sorry.." Springkit admitted to her brother, dropping her gaze, she disappeared back into the nursery.

Maybe I am just a defective weak kit...