~

The cold nipped at the bare skin on my face, like tiny swords poking me. I knew my face would go numb if I didn't warm it up soon. The snow crunched under my feet as I walked over to the bench to sit. I brushed the snow off, watching it fall to the ground, the light from the lamppost making it look like glitter. The wood was frozen, and the backrest was icy, only making me colder. It felt so hard against my back, the feeling making me shudder.

Putting my soft mitten covered hands against my face, I began to warm a little. My feet started to feel more like cinder blocks the colder they got. They went numb, and I was just them along at this point.

Snow began falling from the grey sky again, sparkling as it fell. the wind blew a chilling breeze across the park, making the tress behind me shake. I looked over to see them moving gracefully in the wind, dropping snow from their branches. Some snow landed on my face as I looked up, but melted from the little warmth my face produced. I looked down quickly, as the snow would surely only make me colder. Hastily I got up and took long strides to get out of this freezing weather and back to the warmth of my house. Getting some snow in my shoes was well worth getting home quickly.

Just the thought of heat hitting my skin from the fireplace, while I accidentally burn my tongue on burning hot chocolate, warmed me enough to continue.