The Only True One

"WAKEY WAKEY CUPCAKE! YOUR FAVOURITE PERSON'S BACK IN TOWN!"

No, it's too early for this.

"Go away." I groaned, turning onto my front and pulling the pillow over my head in an attempt to block out her shouts.

"I did go away. For 2 months. But now I'm back and you need to get up so we can talk!" she squealed.

"How did you even get in here?" I sighed, giving in to face her.

"Your parents let me in. You know, I love them; they're so sweet and nice and adorable and-"

"Okay," I cut her off before she went off in one of her 'random topic' blabs, "I'll be ready in 30 minuets. That gives you enough time to eat up our fridge and talk to my 'adorable' parents. Is that a plan?"

"I'm timing." She chirped, skipping out of my room, humming on her way out. She's such a ditz.

You might want to know who this 'ditz' is. She's my absolute best friend since the first year - no - first day of secondary school. Miss Ellie Green is the most hyperactive, sweetest, coolest girl I've met. When we first met, we sat next to each other during registration and then English, and Maths, and then History as well as Biology - there was probably not a lesson we would be apart. Our teachers used to call us twins, we were pretty much the same person, personality wise. When it comes to looks - we're pretty different. She's got long waterfall of silky red hair and I've got my brown hair which can sometimes look like a birds nest. But not Ellie's - she wakes up every morning with hair perfect like she had a team work on it during the night.

Anyway, she's been there since the start and I'm so glad she's still here. And you know what's the best part about her? No one knows about her. The world is completely oblivious to my best friend and that's all we could ask for. That means she won't get harassed and we can hang out in peace. You know, when she told me she didn't want her share of the lime light, that she wanted to be friends out of the camera line, I knew she was my real friend - that our friendship meant more than free-bees and interviews.

I closed the door and turned on the radio. The familiar sound of Nick Grimshaw rang through my room as I listened to the Radio 1 breakfast show. It felt like I was back at school...

Quickly, I jumped into the shower, washing off the grime that I had collected from the polluted air of London. Nothing like a good hot shower before the start of an - umm, well definitely interesting day.When I had finished, I checked the time. 5 minuets left. I got changed into a top and hoodie and my black jeans. I left my hair damp and dangling, relying on the surrounding air to dry it for me. A sprinkle of make up and spurt of perfume and I was charging down the stairs.

"And time!" I smiled as I took the pancake from her hand that was meant to land in her mouth but took a detour to mine.

"I'm impressed - you didn't get foundation all over your clothes this time." She snickered back, getting up and walking to sink to put the plate away. "Thank you Mrs B!" she called out to my mum as I followed her out the kitchen to my front door. I guess we were going out then.

"Yeah, thanks mum for making me breakfast." I called out, my words daring to be drenched in sarcasm.

"I gave birth to you. Make your own breakfast." she shouted back. Ellie and I burst into to giggles as we attempted to put our shoes on. One more shout and we were out of the house, walking down the surprisingly sunny street.

"Soooooo, how was your holiday? You definitley embraced the sun." I chuckled, holding up my pale arm to her golden one. I could never tan - I just burn *cue 'burn baby burn' tune in my head*.