Chapter Three

After eating dinner in Mount Coot-tha, they both sit on a small hill glancing at the beautiful view of Brisbane City and inner suburbs. He's been here countless times during the day but never been at night. The view is breathtaking making Skylar unable to look away.

"So what made you change your mind?" asked Steven

"So what made you change your mind?" asked Steven. His gaze never left the beautiful view as he asked Skylar his question.

"I wasn't ready to meet anyone before I met you and I guess I realise its time for me to move on" Skylar replied. Curious about the man who broke his heart Steven wanted to know more about Skylar. His smile never matched his gaze, why would he need to force a smile to show others he's okay?

Steven knew heart break very well, the moment he met Skylar, Steven could see it clearly. He only saw a broken man with two beautiful twin boys. He ignored the fact that they both have alpha blood running through their veins. Any wolf from miles away could smell the pups. Steven could smell Skylar's wolf, wondering why Skylar hadn't notice about the fast growth of his sons Steven needed to know what happened to Skylar.

"Be honest with yourself Sky, lies will only make things worse. This is coming from experience" Steven said. Glancing back at the view they both remained quiet enjoying the silence.

"Thank you for tonight, I really enjoyed myself" said Skylar. Closing the car door shut Steven offered to walk him to the door.

"There's a family BBQ next Saturday. Leo and Tony are coming and I wanted to ask you myself if you want to come. It'll be perfect to introduce the twins to the rest of the family" said Steven. Skylar smiled, the twins hadn't interact with other children yet. Only arounf adults Skylar wanted his boys to have friends.

"Sure, we'll come" Skylar replied. Smiling Steven kissed his cheek and bid him goodbye. Blushing Skylar watched the handsome man drive away as he touch his cheek. This is second time he ever felt his heart skip a beat. Skylar quietly opened the door to reveal Tony reading a book in the living room. His twins asleep on their uncle Leo. He too was asleep while Tony read his book.

"Hey, how did it go?" asked Tony as he set his book to the side.

"Great actually, it was really romantic" Skylar replied. He couldn't stop smiling, for the first time he didn't think about Hunter.

"Did they behave?" asked Skylar. Tony nodded explaining what they did. Leo insisted he read them a bed time story but instead the gently giant fell asleep first. Tony giggled watching his nephews poke their uncles cheek until they fell asleep as well.

"Steven invited the twins and I to a family BBQ which you failed to mention" said Skylar.

"Steven wanted to ask you first" Tony replies. Putting his boys to bed, Skylar kissed them both. They look so much like Hunter, Skylar wondered what his life would be like if Hunter wasn't so cold. Skylar knew the twins needed their father in their life, he's afraid what Hunter will do once he knows the truth.

***

"Glad you could make it" said Steven

"Glad you could make it" said Steven. Skylar blushed as Steven kissed his cheek, the wolf chuckled at the omega's reaction. Steven introduced his family and friends to Skylar. He was nervous at the beginning until they greeted him with open arms. Skylar stared at the beautiful house, he wondered if he could afford a house like that in the future.

"How are you liking Australia?" asked Susan. Seated beside Steven, Skylar explained his experience living in Australia to his mother.

"I am enjoying it actually but not use to the heat yet, feels like there's only two seasons here" Skylar replies. They all chuckled agreeing with his response. He didn't think the Australian would be this instense.

"Its like living in a f*cking suana" Steven's father replies. Grey smiled as his wife gave him a gentle slap.

"Goodness Grey, there are pups here and because of you most of them know how to say naughty words" Susan scrowled.

"Better late then never" Grey says. After dinner everyone gathered in the backyard watching the pups play. Skylar happy to see his boys interact with children their age.

"Thank you for coming, my family really likes you" said Steven. Skylar smiled. Just seeing his family reminds Skylar of his own, he missed his parents dearly. Video chatting them wasn't enough for Skylar. He wished things could be different.

"They're lovely, just makes me miss my family back in the states" Skylar replies. Quickly Steven held his hand in comfort. Living in Australia was a challenge from the beginning, the life style different from the states. But even though he loves the country, his heart still feels empty.