The Fifteenth Goodbye

Helloooo Readers!

I am back!

Here's the next update to the story!

Enjoy!

********************************************************************************************************

Sonakshi couldn't wait to leave the building.

The moment the doors to the elevator closed she slumped against the elevator's wall. Immediately Ritwik and Elena kept their hands on each of her shoulders. "Sona tu theek hai?" Sonakshi nodded her head but remained quiet. They realized that things must have not turned out well. They also understood that Sonakshi wanted to leave the building. So they kept quiet for the time being. As the elevator arrived on the ground floor, the three of them stepped out. Sonakshi picked up her pace and made a beeline for the door with Ritwik and Elena right behind her. Her head was bent down because she did not want to stop and talk to anyone.

But this action proved to be a mistake for her because she bumped straight into the person she did not want to see at this moment. "Arey, Dr. Bose! Good morning" Natasha said with a smile. Sonakshi grimaced inwardly but kept her face neutral. "Good morning Natasha" she replied so calmly that if someone didn't know her situation, they would not have a clue that there was a storm going on inside Sonakshi's mind at the moment.

Realizing that this was the girl indirectly responsible for Sonakshi's sadness, Elena and Ritwik glared at her with as much anger as possible. As Natasha'a eyes travelled to them, she was taken aback by the hostility in them, but she did not comment on it. Choosing to ignore it Natasha shifted her focus back to Sonakshi. "Dr. Bose aap itni jaldi me kahan jaa rahi hai?" She asked Sonakshi curiously. Sonakshi debated on telling her about leaving the job and in the end decided to withhold the information. Natasha would anyone find out the moment she met Dev. So she said "Kuch kaam hai" and left it at that.

"Oh. Aap kal shaadi meye toh aa rahi hai naah? I would be very happy agar aap ayi toh." The moment Natasha said this Sonakshi's mind flashbacked to a few minutes back when Dev had said the same thing to her and this just made her situation a whole lot worse. She needed to get out before the dam of her tears broke. So she faced Natasha firmly and said "sorry Natasha. Main nahin aa paungi. But aapko bohot saari good wishes for your knew life. Now if you excuse me, mujhey thoda kaam hai" with what little strength se had and without giving Natasha a chance to react she left the building in a jiffy.

The moment she sat in the car, she let her tears flow. So this was it then. This was goodbye. A goodbye to the first person she really fell in love with. A goodbye to her chance at happiness. A goodbye to her fairytale. As the car rolled out of Ishwari Communications sonakshi looked up towards the balcony to Dev's cabin and her eyes locked with his. At this distance she couldn't read his expression but she knew he saw her tears. Giving one last glimpse to the man she thought she wanted to stay with forever, she turned her head back and sobbed away on Elena's lap.

Ritwik, who was driving the car, looked at the distraught Sonakshi through the rearview mirror and said, "Sona, kya kahan Dev neye?" Sonakshi shut her eyes tightly and replied, "Unheye koi fadak nahin padta Ritwik. Sab jhoot tha. Woh mujhseye bilkul pyaar nahin kartey" as her body wracked once again with violent sobs. "sab khatam ho gaya Ele" she told her sister who desperately tried to comfort her by stroking her hair. "Mere saath kabhi kuch achha hota hi nahin." She abruptly sat up and said, "Mujhey pata tha, kuch aisa hi hone waala hai. Par phir bhi maine unseye pyar ka liya" she said wiping her tears.

"Kushal neye buri yaadein diye the, par Dev neye mujhey sambhala" she said looking out the window sorrowfully. "Par phir beech me hi chhor diya" she said angrily. " Issiliye ab buss. Meye in sab seye duur jana chahti hoon" she said turning her face towards Ritwik and Elena. Taking a turn towards the lane leading to Sonakshi's house, Ritwik said, "Duur matlab?" Sonakshi turned back towards the window again. The car slowly rolled to a stop outside the Bose house. The tears hadn't stopped but she had calmed down a bit. "Duur matlab is sheher se duur." Saying this she quickly got out of the car and speed walked her way into the house still crying, leaving Elena and Ritwik in shock.