Prologue "Voices in the Dark"

Darkness… Darkness… All there is. All there was. All there ever will be, is darkness. All planes and dimensions are shrouded, covered, and devoured by a darkness so deep, that not even the strongest of lights can escape it. The Darkness is law and order in the cosmos. Space is its domain and time, it’s plaything. It creates and destroys worlds at will. Its power is infinite and none can oppose it. It is what was there before the beginning and it shall be there at the end.

However, on one plane of existence in the infinite darkness, is a world like no other. Where many ideas and thoughts collide and merge, working together or ripping each other apart. The entities that preside there are primitive, yet resourceful, beings. They create and destroy at their own will. All to better suit their needs. They are the human beings of the world called Terra, or Earth, as they named it. They were not there at the beginning of their world, but they have become the masters of it. I have watched them a great long time.

Me? I am the Archiver. I watch over the planes of existence and store the data of which makes up all of them. My age old companion is the Darkness and we have been here a great span of time. However, who I am or what I do is not important right now. That is a story for another time.

No, this story is one of the Earth’s. For she bore the hero of this tale and it was she that reclaimed him, once his time came. I tell you of a story of honor, sacrifice, love, discovery, and humility.  This is the story of a boy and his quest to become the hero of his dreams. I shall guide you as we follow his actions and watch his story unfold before him. It all starts with the boy and a flight attendant.