Part 3

One week later.

     Edward opened his eyes. Winry smiled when he did. "Hey, Ed. Feeling any better?" She asked.
     "I guess." Edward said.
     "Well that's good. You know, you've been asleep for about four days straight." Winry said.
     Edward looked up. "Really?"
     "Yeah."
     He sighed. "So when do I get my arm and leg back?"
     "When you're in good health."
     "Have you even finished?" Edward asked.
     "Of course I have, you moron!" Winry exclaimed.
"Ok..." Edward said.
Winry turned around. "Hey, Al! Ed's awake!" She yelled into the other room. The sound of loud metal footsteps rang through Winry's ears. Then the door burst open.
"Brother!" Alphonse said happily.
"Oh, h-hey Al." Edward said.
"Brother...you don't look too great." Alphonse said.
"Gee thanks."
"No! I mean, you're really pale. Your hair is all messed up too."
"Why don't you take it down for a while, Ed?" Winry asked.
"Alright...I'll uh, need help getting up first though." Edward said. Winry helped him sit up and he took out the braid in his hair. His hair was still extremely long; the blond locks went down to the middle of his back.
It looks so nice. Winry thought. She then caught herself staring. She quickly straightened out.
Suddenly, Granny came in the room. "Hello. Alphonse, I'm going to get groceries and would like your help if you don't mind coming." She said.
"Sure!" Alphonse exclaimed, leaving the room with Granny. Winry heard the front door close a few moments after. She knew they'd be gone for a while, taking that they lived in the middle of nowhere and the closest store was at least three miles away.
Winry turned to Edward. Alphonse was right, he did look pale. She also noticed that he was sweating a lot. "Are you okay?" She asked.
     Edward tried to nod but he collapsed on his side. Panicked, Winry moved him back and got a cloth that was soaked in cold water. She placed it on his forehead as he continued to pant and sweet uncontrollably. "Ed! Ed!" She exclaimed.
                            Five hours later...

     "Ed! Ed! Please, please wake up! Ed!" A faint voice called out to him. He coughed a few times before opening his eyes.
     Edward look up and saw Winry sobbing directly above him. He slowly moved to grab her hand with his left arm. She jumped when he did. Realizing he was awake, she cried some more.
     "Oh Ed..." Winry cried.
     "Brother!" Alphonse said in a very cheerful manner.
     "Edward." Granny said.
     "FullMetal." Mustang said.
     "Hey...why are you here?" Edward asked softly.
     "Never mind that. Hawkeye, let's go." Mustang beckoned for Hawkeye and they left with no further questions.
     Winry threw her arms around Edward. "Ed! You scared me! I-I'm so glad you're okay!" She said.
     "Why were you worried?" Edward asked.
     "B-Because..." Winry said, "Because I love you, Ed!"
     The room was silent for a moment. "I-I love you too, Winry." Edward said.
     Winry tightened her arms around Edward and let out a loud sob. He tried to hug her back single-handedly (literally). Suddenly, Winry went up and kissed him. He melted into the kiss and showed her the same affection back.
     When they finally pulled away, they noticed Granny smiling and Alphonse making the same noises he would if he were crying. "I'm so happy for you, Brother!" He said.
     "Whatever..." Edward looked away, embarrassed.
     Alphonse turned to Winry. "So what happened to Brother anyways?" He asked. Edward curiously turned to her as well.
     "I didn't realize it at first, but it was because he got overheated. He almost died of hyperthermia." Winry said.
     "Well I'm sure glad you were there to take care of him, dear!" Granny said.
     "And you're stuck with him for the rest of your life whether you like it or not!" Alphonse said.
     Winry bashfully looked away. "It's not as amazing as you think..."
     "I'm glad you were there too, Winry." Edward said.
     "R-Really?"
     "Of course! If you hadn't been there, I would've died!"
     "Yeah, I guess..." Winry said.
     "So are you two together now?!" Alphonse excitedly interrupted.
     Winry and Edward stared at each other. Edward shrugged. Winry smiled. "I-I suppose so..." She said.
     "YAAAAAAAAY!" Alphonse cheered.
     That night, Winry had fixed up an old wheelchair that they had stashed in the corner for Edward. He got to eat at the table and talk with everyone else. Despite his near-death experience, that day seemed pretty good. He only wished every day was just like this...

-------------------

Hey! New update! So some people might think it's weird that the guy (or one of the guys) is sick or injured in most (almost all) of my fanfics. The thing is, a lot of people like reading these types of fanfics and I enjoy writing them. So yeah...haters...back off.