Memories

Memories

A bombastic noise shook the room as tiny little soldiers romped around.

Laughter dancing through each and every note played by a children's choir.

The girl twirling in the music that none could hear until the joy filled their heart and soul.

The laughter shot around the room in graceful movements, flowing and prancing in the hearts of those around it.

No noise could compare to the beauty around the memory.

At first it had been a fog nothing but a slight concern to those around.

Until the fog started rising and solidifying into gray, wispy bricks that covered the sky.

Then came the thunder striking down on the now dark and barren room.

The noise echoing with rain as it rocked the room down to its nails.

The room once so bright had now been cloaked in gray instead of the joy.

Darkness had taken hold of a once light memory.

He can't remember how it started.

When the clouds had invaded the sunlight.

Maybe it had been a fog that had no cause for concern until they became stronger.

Then the thunder struck down on the light stopping it from spreading across the room.

The light cut from the source now withered and died where it laid.

Then the downpour washed the room down.

Sunlight barely flying from time to time

After the war was over sunlight only slowly came in after 

Small fireflies in a world of dark memories

The once loud room sounds empty as she walked its floors once again.

Each graceful movement she made kicked the dust and it spiraled around her.

Her eyes searching the sunlight filled room for what seemed to be an eternity until she found herself caught up in a memory.

She recalled the joyous laughter that had once sparked and burst out to call others to join.

But now that same laugh she recalled so dearly has fizzled out at the first sight of rain that had dropped in the room.

The rain and storming thunder that drowned out the sunlight.

The room now a long forgotten battle ground was filled to the brim with nothing but the silence of a memory.

Slowly the thunder and rain left as a girl brought new joy into the old riddled filled room.

Laughter would soon burst out startling the grey.

The decaying room took in a breath and felt laughter again.

The gray stalked away and left only light to bounce around the room

And the light bounced leaped and joyfully pranced like a deer in the spring

Color sweeped in the room like an artist's brush sweeping across a blank canvas

Light now danced and twirled like a ballerina

Graceful and powerful against the once gray gloom

Repainting a memory