Chapter 1

-POV OF THE CHOCOBO-

I climbed down the giant ladder from my bed in the sky. I glanced at the bridge to see a cautious Rob sneaking across the bridge, wearing leather armor and without a weapon. He slipped into the forest before I could do anything. Seconds after that, Preston exited out of the pathway from the main area, "Hey, Preston!" I called out to him. He looked over at me.

"Yeah, Choco?" He walked over.

"I just saw Rob sneak into the forest wearing leather. Could you alert the others?"

"Uh, sure.." He agreed before turning and running back through the entrance to the pathway.

Knowing that Preston was heading to tell the others, I started to make my way towards Kenny and I's meeting place. I walked along the edge of the forest, keeping an eye out for other Blue team members. Shortly I arrived at the small building at a Mesa Biome.

I opened the door carefully and walked in. Kenny sat on one of the furnaces, swinging his legs idly. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey, Chocobean." (I had to)

"Hey, Kenny." I chuckled at his nickname for me. "How long have you been waiting here?"

"Around five minutes?" He guessed. "What's up?"

"I just saw Rob cross to our side. I feel kind of bad for leaving Preston to take care of it, though."

"Why was Rob on our side?" Kenny asked, standing up.

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know, all he had was leather armor. He didn't even have a weapon from what I saw. He didn't look like he was here to kill any of us."

"Hm, Preston's got it, don't be worried," Kenny assured me.
"You're probably right. Anyways, care to join me for a walk?" I smiled and offered him my hand.

He grinned and took it. "Let's go, Choco."

The two of us left the small house and headed toward the forest, our diamond armor on in the case of monsters. We walked, chatting about random things and laughing while also killing the occasional zombie or skeleton.
All of a sudden, Kenny pulled me into a bush, which I tried to protest to. He put his hand over my mouth and shushed me. I glared at him, then he pointed over to a clearing. There stood Preston and Rob, clearly in some sort of minor argument. Of course, I then shut up.

"Rob you have to be more careful! Choco saw you sneaking over!" Preston chided over Rob's mistake.

"Sorry, Preston.." Rob apologized, his eyes downcast.

Preston sighed. "It's okay. Sorry for possibly over-reacting. I just don't want you hurt." Preston wrapped his arms around Rob and kissed him briefly.

"I need to go before my team gets worried. Bye, Preston!" Rob said before quickly running toward the bridge.

Preston waved goodbye to Rob and headed back to camp.

"Well.. That was unexpected. ." I chuckled, standing up and helping Kenny out of the bush.

"Yeah, it was." Kenny agreed. "So, we're not telling anyone else about that?"

"Nah, I'm going to ask Preston about it though. Let's get back to camp." I suggested, Kenny nodded his head and walked back with me.

Once back at the main area Kenny and I parted ways, he went back to his house and I went over to Preston's and Lachlan's.

"Preston?" I called out once I had walked through the door. I closed the door behind me and walked down the steps to the small enchanting area. A doorway was to my right it branched off to a small lake.

A moment later, I heard the door open again. I turned to see Preston walking into the house. He stopped at the top of the stairs when he saw me. "Oh, hey Choco, what are you doing here?"
"Hey, Preston. Just wanted to come and ask if you made sure Rob left our side." I said, trying a sideways approach rather than being straightforward.
"Oh, uh, yeah. Since he wasn't armed I kinda just told him to get off our side, and he just left. No problems. We're good." Preston replied quickly.

"Oh, well I actually ran into him on my way here. He had a sword on him so I actually had to kill him."

Preston looked at me, his eyes wide and his mouth hung open. "Choco! Nah, you didn't!"

"I did. Why's it a big deal?" I asked, being as nonchalant as possible.

"Because. . ." Preston trailed off with a sigh. "Wait, how'd you kill him. . ." he asked cautiously.
"Um, well that's the funny part. I aimed for his stomach, but he kinda moved so it may have hit his lung or heart? Not sure. Kinda happened quickly."

Preston gasped and glared at me.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head in fake confusion. [I feel bad for doing this xD]

"You. . . he. . ." Preston stuttered, unable to finish a sentence.

I felt bad for lying to Preston but I needed to get the truth. "Why are you so upset over it? He's on the other team, we're supposed to fight them."

Preston sighed and lowered his head. "Well, we're. . . uhm. . dating. . ."

I internally celebrated, "Preston, don't worry, he's fine," I smiled.

"You little cactus!"

I chuckled and scratched the back of my neck. "Yeah. . . Um, we saw you and Rob together in the forest."

"We?"

"Mhm, Kenny and I. We were just, uh, walking around the island."

"Why?" Ugh, he's getting curious, I thought to myself.

"Oh, you know. Just hanging out."

"Okay."
"Anyways, I'll catch you later. Oh and sorry again Preston." I chuckled slightly and waved before going to see Kenny again.

"Hey, Kenny." I smiled and waved as I saw him exiting his house.
"Hey, Chocobean." Kenny smiles.
I laughed. "I gotta find a nickname for you." I thought a moment. "Ken Ken!"

Kenny smiled and gave me a thumbs up.  

Word Count-985