Beautiful Mess

Five Words Challenge: Italian, geeky, love, long distance, movies

“John Joseph Jingleheimer Schmidt,  his name is my name too.  Whenever I go out, the people always shout - there goes John Joseph Jingleheimer Schmidt! Da da da da da da da da! John …”

“It’s Jacob.” Beth, one of my roommates, interrupted me as she handed me the bowl of mint chocolate ice cream before sitting next to me on the couch.

“What? Jacob? Jacob, who?” I asked.

“It’s John Jacob not John Joseph Jingleheimer Schmidt,” she sang the last for names she mentioned.

I blushed, embarrassed after I realized that I was randomly singing a children's song and worst, changing the lyrics to his name.

“Plus, your JJ is Italian so he couldn’t be a Jingleheimer Schmidt.” Aby, their other roommate joined them, sitting on the easy chair with her own bowl of ice cream. “And you know what they say about Italians,” she grinned as she wagged her eyebrows at me.

“What? No.” I said making a face as I shook my head. “Shut up! He’s not my JJ. He’s not mine at all.” I shook my head.”

“Yeah, okay, that’s why he lets you can call him JJ, yet he castigates the rest of us when we dare call him that,” Aby pointed out.

“So? That still doesn’t make him mine,” I frowned looking down at the bowl Beth just handed me. “Ice cream? Really?”

“Well, we figured it’s the only thing missing from this sulking fest you’ve got going on here,” Beth pointed out.

“What are you talking about? For your information, I am not sulking,” I immediately went on the defense.

“Yeah okay, that’s why you are sitting here on a Saturday night, wearing the same pjs you’ve been wearing since yesterday butchering a nursery song,” Aby not only jibed but smirked as well because, according to her, she’s cool like that.

I threw her a look then sighed, picking up the spoon in surrender to partake of my favorite ice cream. Though I will try my very best not to admit it to them, because they are turning into a know-it-all and frankly, it’s irritating the hell out of me, Aby and Beth were right. I am sulking. And they are right again about the reason why I am sulking. No, he is not mine like Aby insisted, but yes, I am sulking because of JJ - John Joseph. And if I say his name again, I will guarantee you that I will begin singing again … Jingleheimer Schmidt.

Sigh.

JJ… okay … John… Johnny … sigh … okay, whatever … pick one already… the point is he is leaving tomorrow. 

Although a copywriter by profession, he is a story teller by heart and his greatest dream is to be published and an opportunity came up for him to be closer to that dream.

Exciting, huh?

Excellent, if I do say so myself.

Problem is… yes as exciting and excellent as it is … there is a problem, at least for me because he needs to fly halfway across the globe for that opportunity.

Problem is it’s for two years.

His geeky ass will be gone for two years.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am sulking – I have a problem with him leaving. I know I shouldn’t because as I pointed out to my best friends, JJ is NOT mine. Yet, if I really want to be honest, if I really need to make a confession right now, the truth is, I don't want him to go. I want him to stay.