trei

there is no peace

for the souls

who let the darkness

take over long ago 

 3: DEMONS HIDE  ◢

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

【 orpheus 】

My voice cold and slightly hoarse, I look down to my hands, shadows rippling through my fingers curving around each one leaving a trace of darkness. 

"You're vampires?" She says and my eyes flicker up to meet hers. 

"You don't believe?" I says, my fist tightening. How I loathe the non believers. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. 

"Why would I not believe? Is there a reason to doubt?" She says.

She's smarter than I thought. 

"But do you doubt?" I say. 

"I know I'm not dreaming." She says. 

"You didn't answer my question, darling."

"I'm no one's 'darling'". She says and I chuckle at the words, her face laced with a dark fire. 

"You're terrified." I say, my hands gripping the edge of her bed. 

"No. But you are." She  says, narrowing her eyes at me. 

"I'm not afraid of anything, I was made from fear itself, the shadows and the Hunter of dreams." 

"You may breathe the night and drink the blood of a mortal but I can feel your fear." 

"What are you?" I say looking her over. 

"Nothing, just a mortal you've kidnapped, and brought somewhere. Where the hell am I anyway?" She says.

"The Empire of Karayan." I say taking a step back. 

Looking behind me I've seen that everyone has left. 

"Where are your friends?" 

"You ask too many questions for a girl in a place where you will most likely die." I say. 

"And from what I can tell you think that your a king and can do whatever he pleases." 

"Both of those statements are true." 

"Can I go?" She asks. 

"There is no where for you to go." I say and I slightly see her eyes widen a bit. 

"I almost forgot, but, what is your name?" I ask. 

"Maura." 

My moth goes dry at the name. 

The meaning of the name is dark. A treasured name of the elemental witches.