Chapter 3: Emily's POV

I remember talking to Mike and the next thing I know, it's the next morning. I peel my eyes and the sun blinds me. I grunt in pain and tiredness, sitting up and putting my feet on the ground.

"Today's another day, let's make it the best." I remind myself. I stretch and then cringe, a raging pain goes through my body. The breath is sucked out of my body, I lay back, trying to regain my composure.

"Morning Em," A voice says walking into my room, "You okay?"

I look up to see Lauren, "Besides the raging pain and the shortness of breath right now, I'm fine. I'll be okay, I'll be up in a minute."

"Okay Em, if you need anything, holler." She says before turning around and walking out of my bedroom. I smiled knowing that I could count on my team for anything. I looked down and saw that was still in the clothes from yesterday, they were starting to get very uncomfortable. We didn't have training for another few hours so I changed into a pair of grey sweats and a yellow long sleeve. Throwing on my black slippers, I walked out to the living room. Everyone was cheery and bustling around.

Antonio was working with Mentor to find a new Zord Combination.

Kevin was reading a Samurai History Book as he always did.

Lauren was practicing her Symbols in the indoor training room with the Samuraizer her father gave her.

I could smell something scrumptious coming from the kitchen, I walked in to see Serena making Pancakes using Mom's recipe. That brought a big smile to my face.

Jayden and Mia were outside, training, well.... More like flirting. I didn't care, did I? My blood boiled and I left that.

Mike, well... Mike was in the living room with Kevin, reading about something. I had expected him to be doing video games or skating out on the makeshift skate park in the woods. It confused me.

"Morning Everyone," I said, breaking the bustling of everyone inside. They all looked at me and I could see Mike's face light up.

"Good Morning Em, how ya feeling?" He asked, clearing off space for me to sit.

"What are you doing Mike?," I asked, raising my hand to his forehead, "Are you feeling alright?"

I got a laugh from Kevin and I smiles, adding a laugh with him.

"I'm just doing some light research, nothing major." He replied and I sat down, taking a look at the books that he was reading. My eyes widened when I saw the title. "侍の謎" Meaning "Mysteries of the Samurai." This was the Yellow Ranger edition. Every samurai has their mysteries and legends about them that they don't want people to know about. Jayden's was Lauren and how he took her place. Other's haven't revealed their deepest darkest secrets yet. I had one that no one but Serena and a handful of other people know. If it was in that book, I wouldn't be able, let alone be ready, to explain anything to my team.

"May I see the book you're reading?" I asked, my voice filled with a tinge of panic and nervousness. Mentor heard my voice and walked over.

"What's going on here?," He looked at the book set that was sitting on the table and cleared his throat, "Mike, I've already told the team before, these books are off limits until I deem it necessary. I had them in the cabinet for this reason."

Mentor collected all the books and put them back in the cabinet. I didn't want them to know my secret just yet, I would tell them when the time came. Jayden, Lauren, Serena, Mentor and myself all knew. Jayden and Mia came in, sensing the atmosphere was off.

"Everything okay in here?" He asked and Mentor pulled him to the side. I had to clear my head.

I walked outside and into the woods by the Shiba House. I didn't care where I was walking, I just needed to walk. I didn't know how much time had passed, or how far I had walked away from the house. I found myself sitting on a log by a stream, the water was calming, the atmosphere was clear. There was no fighting, no yelling, no anger. I looked up at the sky and sighed, I was at peace. That peace was interrupted by a twig snapping behind me. I quickly stood up, samuraizer in hand, ready for whoever it was. A figure stepped out from behind the tree, it was Jayden.