Chapter 1: What's Your Story?

Chapter 1:

Whats Your Story?

19 year old Amelia Lomas was woken up at half past 7 by her alarm screaming Lamb Of God at her. She groaned as she leaned over and turned it off.

Eventually she dragged herself out of bed and got her dressing gown on.

She walked into her bathroom and started to get ready. She started with a quick shower, being careful not to catch the huge scabs on her back, then got dressed and put on make up ready for college. 

Amelia was around 5'7 in height with beautiful long, wavy, medium brown coloured hair, that came down to her waist. She had sparkling blue eyes and a pale, even complexion.

She walked downstairs in the house she shared with her best friend Freya Mondale and her foster brother Devon Lakeman. She went into the kitchen and made herself breakfast and coffee.

Then, being careful not to wake her friends, she went back upstairs to get her college bag ready and then headed out the front door, locking it behind her.

She walked down the road about 5 minutes until she came to the bus stop. The creep who's normally there staring at all the young girls was there again.

He never misses a day, does he? Amelia thought to herself.

In Amelia's small, dramatic estate, the kids swore they knew for a fact he was a pervert. Amelia just thought that was rubbish...They just liked to bully people.

Still, she never really went near him. Instead she sat on the bench just next to the bus stop, while she plugged her earphones into her phone and started playing music.

The bus, as usual, was late. Therefore that meant Amelia had to then rush from the bus stop where she got off,  to college.

No time to even get a drink or anything.

She got on the bus and sat down. The usual bunch of school kids from the estate were sat at the back, playing music and swearing violently for what seemed to be no reason.

They did her head in most days. Luckily today, Disturbed - Down With The Sickness, was drowning  them out.

After her bus journey she'd almost jogged to college from the bus stop. She got there and met up with her friend Katie, who was in every one of her classes with her.

Katie Colemann, who was 18 years old, had shoulder-length black hair and dark brown eyes. Even with a eyebrow piercing, lip piercing and many earrings, she was a natural beauty really.

She barely ever wore make up, and Amelia honestly thought that Katie looked perfect without it anyway. Katie was a little smaller than Amelia, she was 5'4, with a fragile-looking figure. 

Their first class was English Literature, the most boring one, in Amelia's opinion.

Katie, on the other hand, loved it. She hated her Public Services class the most, even though it was one she chose to do, she found it rather boring. That was second.

At college Katie and Amelia had ended up making friends with a new guy, Marko, who had just moved here from Georgia, who they met up with in Public Services.

During English though, Amelia had said, 'Only 3 days left till half term...What's your plan? Get wasted?'

'Do you even have to ask? I'm thinking of throwing a party this weekend, the joys of having my own place.' She smiled. 'Of course you, Freya and Devon can come.'

'Awesome, who else you inviting?' Asked Amelia.

'Dunno yet...Anyone haha!' Katie laughed.

'Well, let's make it a good one.' Amelia smiled.

'Oh! You gotta wear a dress!' 

'Er...No.' Amelia said flatly.

'Aw, why not?'

Amelia thought to herself about those horrible scabs and scars on her back that were a constant reminder she as being punished every day she lived on this earth.

'I just don't want to.' She said.

'Oh...OK.' Katie said.

For the rest of the class, they chatted randomly as they worked. Katie was moaning about one of her exes, Tom. Kept going on about how he was a whore. 'Have to admit, he was. A major man-slag.' Amelia had said.

'I know. You warned me and everything.' Katie moaned.

'I know! Why didn't you listen?! I don't even know the guy much but I know he gets around!' Amelia had said.

'His brother fancies you...' Katie teased.

'Yes I know. You keep telling me that. But again, I barely know the guy!' 

'Get to.' Katie grinned.

'Oh my God, you're such a pain in the ass sometimes, you know?' Amelia laughed.

After the English Literature class had ended they went to their Public Services lesson where they met with Marko.

'Hey.' He smiled as they walked down the corridor. He was just arriving at the same time as the girls.

'Hey.' They'd both said.

'Your hair's a wreck dude!' Katie laughed at Marko. 'What the hell happened to you?'

'Wind.' Was all Marko said. 

Marko was 6'1, with shoulder length blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin. Katie's little sister Shannon had always had a crush on him.