[ I ] The Web

My attempt at the supernatural plot scenario.

[ "....." ] = Narrator speaking.

This is the official beginning of Prime Life. All canon starts here. Introductions can be seen as omakes.

· LiV ·

[ I.]

[The Web - a world that is pretty much an exact replica of ours, but the sky is always dark and webbed with code. A world unseen from human eyes, the true workings of the invisible technological connection that runs across earth. ]

Fingers fumbling along the wall, dipping into various cracks and running between grainy calluses.

"95 bottles of milk on the wall, 95 bottles of milk...."

Crunching noises could faintly be heard from the feet as they walked through the desolate street. Standing out from the crowd were a pair of oblivious swinging arms, the figure almost skipping to the sing song tune escaping pink lips.

"Take one down..."

Deft hands pushed themselves into pockets and someone's shoe shuffled a pebble down the path. Pairs of eyes watched as it skidded between two buildings into an alleyway.

"Open the spout..."

The figure twirled, giggling though clean motions, dancing round themself. They hummed the next part slowly but ended up breaking off into another bout if giggles as if they couldn't help it, twisting once more.

"Drinkety drink till the milk comes out~"

Wind rustled clothes, the papery sound echoing in the broad space.

"94 bottles of milk on the wall...~"

Finally, an eye twitched.

"94 bottles of mil-"

"If you don't stop that incessant noise I'll kill you!"

The peace was shattered as a firm hand reached down and grabbed a collar.

The victim, an innocent looking boy with a head of shaggy blue locks and the most naive aura squeaked, wailing.

"EEEEEYAAA," He was brought up closer to a fuming face and waved his arms and legs frantically.

"I'msorryohmygodpleasedon'tkillmeIhaven'tevenhadlunchyet-"

Fiery eyes narrowed, the perpetrator growling deep in his chest.

"Oi," Another voice came, feminine yet deep, a hand clamping down on the perpetrator's arm. The girl could almost look into his eyes, only a head shorter, so she was quite tall. Her eyes showed no play, shining intensely as her hand clenched. "Would you mind getting your hands off of him?"

"And what if I don't want to?"

There was silence before all hell broke lose.

"DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID FIREBRAIN??"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING FIREBRAIN YOU OVERUSED FACEPILE??"

"DO YOU WANNA FIGHT??"

"LET'S GO!!!"

"A-ah u-uh, guys we d-don't h-have t-to fight...."

The two instantly glared at the shivering brunette who had spoken, causing her to hurry and hide behind the forgotten about victim.