The Camp

I walked out of school after a Friday, eager to get home.  I was waiting for my best friend Barb to come out with me. 

"Nina!  Hey, sorry my locker was jammed." Barb says as we wait to be picked up by her older sister.  

"That's okay; it wasn't that long." I replied.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" Barb asked.

Just then, a dark van with tinted windows pulled up next to us.  A window cracked open and a strange voice whispered "get in" to us. 

Our first instinct was to run, and that's exactly what we did.  We ran toward the other cars picking up other kids.  Where the heck was Barb's sister?

The car swerved around many anxious mom's waiting to pick up their kids, and came toward us again. 

Someone in all black jumped out as we kept running, out of people's sights, which was dumb, and the person caught up to us. 

My heart hammered in my chest and tears spilled out of my eyes.  Barb was just as scared as we darted into the small woods by our school. 

The person got us by the arms and dragged us back to the car.  I struggled out of the grip, trying to scream enough to get the hand covering my mouth off.  Why was there no witnesses?

We were tossed in the car and duct taped up.  Our arms and legs were also tied and we drove away.  Drove and drove and drove.  What was surprising was that the person grabbed our backpacks and took them.

What the heck?  I was just abducted and I don't even care!  Why?  Because the person took off their mask and it was a lady.  Blond hair and blue eyes.  She was older, and started talking to us nicely. 

Barb was still freaked out but I wasn't.  Why?  This lady was very, very, very familiar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was that for a start?  I will maybe continue this.  I have it all planned out :)