Reincarnation

nd another piece as well

I lay on the examination table. Dr. Solomon injected my arm. “A mild sedative, just in case the process is more jarring than expected. No need to worry.” I nodded and just stared at the ceiling. “Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.” One of the technicians flipped a switch on the dentist’s light. It flashed bright yellow, and I saw the diamond symbol glowing blue behind my eyes. Then I blacked out, or at least it felt like it. Everything went dark; it was like all my senses were shut down. Then all I could see in the darkness was the man from my dream, my unnamed ancestor. Then, just as the thought crossed my mind, my head tingled. All of a sudden, massive amounts of information on him flooded my mind. His name was Ezekiel Sallas, he was 21 at the moment, his birthday was October 24, but the year was still fuzzy. I knew he was searching in ancient temple for something called “The Map”, and he was perched on a podium in the altar of the temple.  His face lit up when he saw it, and ran over to it. Just as he was about to snatch it up, an arrow erupted from his shoulder, and he fell back.  He leapt to his feet, snatched the arrow out, and begun looking around desperately. I hear an evil chuckle as a large man dropped from a ledge, putting away a crossbow. Ezekiel started at him and made some sort of combative stance. The large man pulled out a throwing knife and spun it in his hand for a second. Ezekiel raised his hands, and two hidden blades erupted from his sleeves.  I felt a tingle in my head, and the vision stopped. Then the blades began to glow blue, then I saw multiple schematics for the hidden blades. They’re built into a wristguard or gauntlet, made using a mechanism in which the blade can extend from the closed fist, causing the assassin to have two fingers cut off to accommodate it.

The large man threw the first knife, and while Ezekiel was deflecting it, he extended his hand and a bullet shot from his sleeve. Ezekiel sliced through the bullet and ran up to him quickly and jabbed with the blades. The man dodged and smacked Ezekiel with the handle of a knife. He fell back and cursed in Arabic. He started to speak in Arabic, but somehow, my mind began to translate it into English, but it just sounded different. “Dammit, Elric, why must you all be like this? None of you even want it!!” The man called Elric simply chuckled. “Which is all the more reason for us to keep it away from you.” Ezekiel sprinted towards Elric, his blades gleaming in the sunlight. He actually managed to cut him a few times, and then Elric punched him hard in the face. As he fell, he caught him and tossed him away from the altar.

Elric slowly approached the podium and just as he was about to snatch the Map, Ezekiel’s blades sprouted from his chest. Elric tried to speak, but only gurgled as blood came from his mouth. “Pig bastard,” Ezekiel whispered in his ears as he pulled his blades out. Elric dropped to his knees, but still reached for the Map. Ezekiel saw his grasp getting closer, and reached out to take it himself. The two grabbed the Mao at the exact same time and it started to glow. They both pulled desperately on it, and both had an iron grip on it. The harder they pulled, the brighter the artifact glowed. Soon, electricity began to crackle around it, but still neither of them let go. It began to burn their hands, yet they both only tightened their grip.

Then something completely unexpected happened. They both turned and looked directly at me, as though they could see me, and somehow, I knew they could.

They began speaking, and based on the looks on their faces, they had no idea what they were saying.

The master of the Map, there can only be one;

Infinite wisdom to a daughter or son

The Map’s an illusion

Its seekers are three

Yet only one can arise in victory!!”

The glowing intensified then faded suddenly. They both fell to the ground and lay there motionless, blood running from their ears. Then suddenly, the vision shifts. I’m in a small cottage, and a woman is lying in bed, giving birth. The baby is born, a girl, and her eyes open, and I see the diamond symbol in them.

Then I suddenly came out of it. I was back on the table, extremely weak and flailing my arms wildly. Then a split second later, I go under again. I see myself in the darkness, then I start performing a variety of aerial kicks and attacks, skillful martial arts moves, and several impressive tricks with the wristblades.

I feel my body shaking wildly and I come out of it again, gasping for air. Dr. Solomon clutched my arm. “Are you okay, Elias?” I winced at the volume of his voice. Why was he yelling? I looked at him and trouble focusing on him. I got dizzy and started blacking out, then something in the back of my mind suddenly screamed; “WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!” and I bounced back. It was like all of my senses were supercharged. I could see doughnut crumbs on the floor, smell dank coffee on Dr. Solomon’s breath, I could hear my heart pounding like crazy out of panic, could taste droplets of disinfectant from the room’s sterilization, and just then I became aware of how rough the table I was lying on was.

Then suddenly, my chest exploded in pain. I couldn’t control my breathing, then I was breathing in spasms, then I couldn’t breathe at all. I was twitching and shaking uncontrollably. One of the technicians screamed, “Holy shit!! We’ve killed him!!” Needless to say, that didn’t help my situation any. Dr. Solomon simply stared at me in horror. “My god, I’m so sorry…” Then I felt a stabbing pain in my head, and everything went red, and I could feel myself passing out.

The last thing I remember after that was looking at Dr. Solomon’s petrified face as I faded away…..