Mink X Reader {Chapter 1}

Narration

It's been a month sense you've found Mink after two years. You were excited and happy that you finally found him, but he looked annoyed at first. After a while, Mink eventually got used to the crap you put him through and your company. In a way, Mink is like the father you never had, sense you two were so far apart in age. Mink is 47, and you're 26, which is a 21 year difference, but, you know, whatever. Mink spoiled you a lot, and that made you feel happy. He always makes you hot chocolate when it's cold out.

Your POV

I'm laying on the couch, waiting for Mink to get home from work, whatever he does for work anyway. It was cold. A cold, cold night. I would light the furnace, but I'm scared I would accidentally burn myself or burn the wood cabin down to the ground. Geez, how ironic and familiar that'd be to Mink.(sorry, I had to XD) I curled up in a giant blanket, shivering. It was late, Mink was late. He's never late getting home, I start to get worried. I slowly started to drift asleep from being tired due to the chores I did around the house. An hour or so later, I heard the door unlock and open as a cold breeze flows into the wooden living space. The door creaked closed, being locked. Heavy footsteps start coming towards me. A smell of cinnamon gets stronger as the footsteps come to a halt. A heavy sigh of worry follows after the pause. I suddenly feel a big, warm gentle hand against my calf, the hand soon being removed to move my (H/C) hair out of my face. The scent of cinnamon was strong, luckily, I love cinnamon, so it's not a problem. I felt to muscular arms under me, lifting me up off the cold couch. I unintentionally snuggle myself in the warm body holding me gently while in my unconscious state. "Hey, (F/N), wake up..." I hear Mink speak, struggling to open my eyes. "Kid. Cmon, wake up." I slowly look up at his golden yellow eyes. You couldn't stop shivering uncontrollably, you could barely move at all. "M-Mink...?" I stuttered up at him. "Kid, why are you sleeping in here? You know it's warmer up in your room." He sounded worried, yet he has no expression of worry on his face, he turned the lamp on. "And you could have lit the furnace." "I-I didn't want to burn myself or burn the cabin down.... And I was waiting for you..." He lets out a sigh that sounds like a 'What am I gonna do with you' sigh. He carries me upstairs, passing my room, he goes into his room, setting me on big, warm bed. The bed smelled just like him. Cinnamon. He leaves the room for a moment, grabbing a towel and pajamas from my room, tossing them to me. I gave him a confused look. "You can't just lay in bed. You need a warm bath. You're literally frozen. I'm surprised you didn't get frostbite." I sigh, disappointed for making Mink worry. "I'm sorry Mink..." "Hmm...? For what?" He grumbles a bit. "For making you worry about me...." I sigh, looking at the floor. It's silently awkward for a while, but then Mink speaks up. "I don't mind it." What? What'd he just say? He didn't mind worrying about me? What's that mean? "W-What..." I managed to stutter out. "I said I don't mind. It gives me something to worry about and someone to take care of other than myself." He looks at me soft eyes, I felt tears at the corners of my eyes, then they run down my cheeks. Mink looks at me, thinking he said something wrong. He was about to apologize but I spoke up. "N-Nobody has ever... *cough* cared about me this much *sob* before... Th-Thank you.." I somehow spat out what I was trying to say through my freezing cries. He slightly smiles, wiping my tears away and hugging me. He picks me up, carrying me to the bathroom. He sits me on the side of the tub, before he left I spoke up. "Mink." he looks at me and grumbles a bit in response. "You're like a father to me... so thank you... for caring for me." I smile a little and he smiles back, walking back over to me, ruffling my hair a bit. "And your like a daughter to me. Thank you for believing in me." he smiles and walks out, closing the door. I have a big, stupid smile on my face, loving the moment that just happened. As I take a warm bath, I hum/sing (You choose) "Crossfire" by Stephen.

HEY! I hope you like the first chapter! It took me about 3 hours to think of all of this. Just to let you know. This isn't my first WattPad account. I had two others that I lost, but, yeah. Hope you enjoy this chapter and future chapters, so yeah. This is your local trashcan! PEACE OUT!!! XD