CHAPTER 2 | assuming

MAKENZIE
Saturday 12:34 pm

The sound of my phone ringing wakes me up. Oh God please make it stop! I think to myself as the pounding in my head continues to increase. Great! I've managed to get a hangover. I lay in bed trying to remember the events of last night. That only makes my headache worse so I give up. I lay here in silence listening to the house settle. Then I hear someone clear their throat scaring the shit out of me. I jump up while holding my head in an attempt to lessen the pain I know will come afterwards. It doesn't work. I make a small whimpering sound as my eyes try to gain focus on who is standing in front of me. I soon realize that it is a man. A fine ass man at that. He is standing at the end of the bed shirtless. He has on dark grey joggers that hang low on his torso, showing off his V-Shape and his muscles. I look him up and down, admiring his chiseled chest and arms before finally focusing on his face. His beard is the perfect length and his hair is in curls. He has a nice tempt fade and his hair looks like it has been cut by God himself. I watch as his tongue escapes his mouth, licking his lips. A slow, genuine smile spreads across his lips showcasing his pearly whites. It's breath taking.

"I didn't mean to scare you," he says before coming over to me and laying a tray of food next to me on the bed that I hadn't noticed he was holding. Usually I would have a lot to say, but for some reason I'm speechless. There are three pancakes, sausage and eggs with a small bowl of fruit and a tall glass of orange juice sitting on the tray. It smells so good. I notice there are two Advil sitting next to the orange juice. How thoughtful, breakfast in bed from a stranger. I look up from the tray when I feel a dip in the bed. He has walked over to the other side of the bed and sat down picking up the knife that is on the tray. He proceeds to cut up my pancakes into small bite size pieces before pouring just enough syrup. Who is he and why is he in my house? He lets out a small chuckle before speaking.

"My name is Rahkeem," he says on que as if he heard my question. "I'm sure you don't remember, but I brought you here last night after you uh, after your friends left you at the club. You told me you didn't want to go home and you wouldn't give me your address." He says. I look around the room for the first time noticing that I'm not at home. I strain my eyes to see the nicely decorated room. It is a mans room though. It doesn't have any signs of a woman in here. It is hard to tell the color scheme because he hasn't opened the curtains, thank God.

I sit silently in my thoughts while I watch as he takes the fork and picks up a few of the bite-sized pancake pieces and holds it up to my mouth. I stare at the fork with a look of confusion.

"I know you don't know me, but I promise I didn't poison this food. I'm not a killer, you're still alive right?" he says jokingly. I take the fork from him before speaking.

"I can feed myself, thank you," I say with a slight attitude. I'm not mad at him, I'm upset with myself. Here I am sitting in this man's bed, half naked, with the worst hangover ever.

He sits staring as I feed my face with food. I sure hope it isn't poisoned because it is SO good and I'm tearing this shit up.

"So, can I finally get your name?" He says after I down the tall glass of orange juice and Advil. I lay back on the bed trying to gather my thoughts and keep my food down. After getting my thoughts together I get out of the bed and search for my things. I find my shoes and purse at the bottom of the bed sitting on a grey bench. I look in my purse to find that my phone is missing.

"It's over here on the nightstand. It was dead so I charged it for you," Rahkeem, I think, says. I go over and unplug my phone placing it in my purse. I continue to walk around his room in only my panties and bra searching for my dress with no luck.