The lost Redhead

|Disclaimer: I do not own D. Gray-man or it's characters.|

The Lost Redhead

A young redheaded boy lays in graveyard in front of a tombstone. The tombstones list two names followed by short words which are newly carved. They list the date of death a week ago.

The boy isn't doing anything but crying and pounding his fists on the ground in frustration. They were his parents, whom had been there for him the 6 years of his life. He is alone now, no family to take care of him.

Everything had been fine before... He wants to keep living those happy days with them. Those days that they would always make him laugh, take care of him when is sick and shield him from the cruelty of the world but that is taken away. It was taken away from him when he was being babysat and they got the call. His parents were on a mission for the Black Order. That was what he had overheard,

After their death he had been sent to an orphanage but he hates that place. They are cruel to him, threaten him to do chores unless he wants to starve but he ran away from that place. No one but himself knows that he is here. Hopefully.

He wants to speak but is crying to hard to spill out any words. All he can do is lay there, helpless.

"Why hello there child," A new, strange, voice says from the behind the tombstones but doesn't earn the child's full attention just yet, "Sweet, sweet child, do you miss your parents?"

The child looks up at the stranger and observes them. The stranger doesn't look human but is big around the waist and is holding some kind of umbrella in his hand. His head seems oddly shaped for a humans head...Still he doesn't care about their appearance. He nods at him.

"You know, I could bring them back to life," the stranger replies, the grin on his face staying as wide as if it never changed.

The man's words surprise the child and for a moment he considers them. However, he was always a bright child. He knows not to trust a stranger, especially when they seemed off and this one seems like so. The child also knew that that sort of thing, if it existed, was the devil's work. That is something that his parents wouldn't have wanted him to resort to.

"No, you can't," the child says bluntly and wipes his tears as he stands. "Mother and Father wouldn't allow such a thing either and I won't believe it. Who are you"

The man now raises an eyebrow at the child. This should be an easy task but apparently it isn't. It would seem this child wasn't easy to convince, which never happens. This made him curious. He approaches the child, his grin not faltering.

"What a brave little child you are and my name, oh, you could call me the Millennium Earl," The Earl replies and looks upon him from head to toe. "Do you have a name, child?"

A name? Of course he has a name but he doesn't wish to say it. His parents always told him that the only way to go is forward. They also told him that he would have to be prepared. That they lead dangerous lives and that things might come for him, that he needed to be able to depend on himself. They never told him what they were but he had overheard something...Exorcists? He thinks for a moment, deciding on some kind of name to choose.

"The Millennium Earl, no offense but you don't look like you would be some kind of Earl," he sniffles, wiping more of his flowing tears, "My name is Lavi."

The Earl is now very close to Lavi. There is something interesting about this boy, he can tell. Just then he turns to look at the tombstones and sighs before he looks back at Lavi. Ah yes, he knew who they were, just a week ago his Akuma had killed them. He had been interested in their boy because of what he had in him and they died protecting him. If he could grin any wider, he would.