Chapter 8

I am dedicating this chapter to when_forever_ends aka Cat :) Anyways Happy happy birthday and I hope you have a great year! 

On the side is Lia's bedroom -------------------->

Chapter 8

 Lia’s POV 

The last few days I’ve been here was the best days of my whole life. I got to know Mrs. Everest or Linda which she told me to call because it makes her feel old when someone calls her Mrs. Everest. 

I stood on the edge of my bed admiring my new bedroom. I guess the family tends to use one color for each room because the whole blue room turned into purple. They said ‘Since Cade’s room is also blue, we need to find another color.’ Linda and Tamra did an awesome job designing this. I chuckled at how much shopping they did before the got this perfect room together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey wake up sweety!” I heard Mrs. Everest’s cheerful voice calling me. I rolled over and pulled my blankets tighter, not wanting to get away from the warmth. “Lia! Hurry or else Cade and Trey would change their minds about coming with us!” She pulled my blanket away from me and I shot right up when the cold air blasted on me. 

“We’re going shopping today!” Sometimes I question myself if she is really forty five. She has so much energy in her. 

“Okay, I am getting up now.” I got up and walked slowly still in daze. Without noticing where I was going I ran into the bathroom door. “Ouch!” I yelled while holding my head. In a flash someone was near me.

“Oh god what happened? Are you okay?” I recognized that voice. The person next to me was Cade. His eyebrows were scrunched together, and his forehead wrinkled, showing me that he was worried about me.

“Son, no worries she was just dazing and then she walked into the thing in front of her.”

“What thing?” I guess everything click in his mind and then Mrs. Everest and Cade started to laugh. 

I gave out a low growl and pouted, this was something that I never dared to do in my old pack.  “Sorry, it’s just that it’s so funny which werewolf with heighten senses would run into a door?!” Cade said while clutching his stomach. 

“Hey your no place to talk!” I said with a smirk. “Lets see didn’t Mrs. Everest tell me that once you slipped into a swimming pool without knowing and then you were scared of any type of water you see. Mrs. Everest basically begged you to take showers every day.”  I stated.

He looked up at me surprised. “Mom! Why did you tell her that?” He asked while playfully glaring at her. 

“What I just wanted to share some stories with her. You were so cute back then.” Mrs. Everest said. “Oh and Lia don’t call me Mrs. Everest call me Linda, your making me feel old.”

“Mom, I think you meant handsome.” He said while rolling his eyes. 

“Nope, I mean cute and you have to admit that your really cute when you were a little kid. Now, now let’s not argue with me and let Lia change so we can go shopping.” Linda said while dragging Cade out of this room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We just arrived at the mall but Cade and Trey each had a hand full bags already. I met Tamra, the alpha female of the pack and we got along quickly. What surprised me the most about Tamra was the fact that she was a white wolf. I guess every pack was different about accepting white wolves. Trust was something I need to build with these people but I am getting comfortable around them. They are different than the one I've been before. 

“I think we should shop for Lia’s clothes also!” Tamra exclaimed. She had beautiful blonde curly hair that was pulled into a ponytail. Her blue eyes sparkled with excitement. 

“No,” I waved my hand in dismiss, “I don’t want you guys to spend money on me.” I said trying to persuade that they don’t have to buy anything more for me. Them spending money on me makes me feel bad. I was already free loading and now they want to spend more unnecessary money on me. “I am lucky enough for you guys to accept me in your pack and right now I am free loading so please, no more.” 

“But you don’t have any clothes that you can wear!” Tamra complained, while giving me this puppy dog look.

“I will buy some after I get a new full time job.” I told them hoping that this subject would come to an end. 

“Job?” Linda asked in a questioning voice, “What about school?” 

“I haven’t been to school since sophomore year.” I said while looking down on the floor, “I was not allowed to be out of the house, but I snuck out to make some money and sometimes stop at the library.” 

“So basically, your learning level stops at sophomore year?” Linda asked curiously. 

I let out a laugh and said, “Oh of course no, they locked me in but they cannot stop me from learning. My childhood friend Jamie stopped by every day to update me on what the school learned today, he was really helpful.” Thinking about Jamie made my eyes watery. Linda’s face fell when I mentioned him.

“Is this Jamie guy your mate?” She asked, something told me she would be happy about my answer. 

“He’s not if he was then I would have beat him up for not finding me.” I said trying to joke around. Jamie was not my mate and I would have known if he was. When he died I didn’t feel any disconnections from him. 

“Anyways, no more arguing we are going to be shopping clothes also.” Tamra said while giving me a stern look. I sighed and gave up they are never going to stop unless I said yes. 

“Okay, but I am paying you back.” I replied. 

“We'll see.” said Tamra. A gut feeling told me that I am never going to be able to pay them back. “Lets go!” 

Behind us Cade groaned and whispered to Trey, “I shouldn’t have came. They are never going home now. Bunch of shopaholics.” 

“Very true we are never going to be able to go home.” Trey whispered back softly. 

“Hey, we heard that!” Tamra yelled, “Since you're complaining about me, you're sleeping on the couch tonight, Trey.” 

“Babe no need to be so mean! I did not mean it.” Trey literally begged. It was funny to see how the alpha of the pack had a weak spot which was his mate. It made me feel warm to see this pack full of love.

“Oh brother, remember how you said your never going to listen to you mate, look at you now you're so whipped.” Cade reminded Trey. While his face was plastered with this goofy grin on him.

"Cade, you will be the exact same as me once you find you mate.” Trey retorted back. 

“Maybe I won’t find mine.” Cade said jokingly. 

Linda smacked her son on the back of his head playfully. “Don’t you ever say that I want beautiful grand babies!” The whole group laughed and we continued shopping for more than five hours.

 ____________________________________________________________

 A/N So what do you think? This whole chapter is like a flash back of their shopping trip. Anyways I have a new story up called Spotlight. It is about a girl that has financial problems and she works as a model to get out of debt. Please check it out if you have time it would make me really, really happy! As usual please comment, vote and fan!