Chapter 3- What's Happening To Me?

Raven's POV

I woke up in the the middle of the night with nausea and a sharp pain in my stomach. I got up trying to not collapse all the way to Duncan's room and knocked on his door, after a few seconds he opened upand noticed that it looked like I was trying very hard to stay standing up.

"What's wrong?" He was still half asleep.

"I'm not sure, I woke up to nausea and a sharp pain in my stomach." He held me for support.

"Follow me." He helped me into the kitchen.

"Here, try drinking this, this cures any aches, sickness and disease. It brings out the best of you." I grabbed the bottle and we both went back to bed. I walked into my room and drank the the green potion that felt like drinking mild acid. It burnt going down but I could already feel the pain subsiding. I drifted back off into slumber.

I woke up the next morning and felt something different I just didn't know what it was. I brushed my tangled hair and went back downstairs, Duncan was there eating breakfast but dropped his food when he turned to look at me.

"What is it this time? I already brushed my hair." Am I really so horrendous in the mornings?

"Y-your e-eyes." He stuttered

"What about my eyes, they're brown as normal aren't they?" I asked a bit worried. He shook his head

"Then what happened?" I asked still worried.

"Th-they're glowing purple." I stared at him in shock and disbelief

"Can I have a mirror?" I asked with an even more worried tone

"Sure." He more calm than before. He came back with a mirror and gave it to me I looked at myself and started to cry.

"Agh." I put the mirror down as I flinched.

"What is it?" He seemed worried again.

"I don't know why but my tears just burnt me." He gently wiped the tears away with the sleeve of his lab coat.

"You're going to be alright, Raven." He reassured me and I walked back up into my room to think. When I got there I sat down on my bed and then I saw one black vein appear on the back of my hand.

Duncan's POV

When she went back to her room, I thought about what just happened. Glowing purple eyes, her skin burning at the contact of her tears, it reminded me of someone I despised-- Rythian. I could've sworn I saw a black vein on the back of her hand, is she enderborn? The potion I had given her last night. It's what I said, it brings out the best of people.

As much as I don't want to, I have to go to Rythian's castle, just to be sure. I do know we're on bad terms at the moment, I had trapped him in a forcefield and said that he could be my lawn ornament, just a few hours before I found Raven, it could be risky. I need to tell Simon and Lewis that I can't come to work today though, I'll do it on the way. I walked up to Raven's bedroom and knocked. I opened the door slowly to find her staring at her hand.

"Raven, we need to got somewhere" She looked up at me.

"Where?"

"I know a guy who might be able to explain your situation."

"Alright." She got up and we started to fly to Blackrock, but I stopped at Honeydew Inc.

"Lewis." I ran up to him

"Duncan, you're a bit late."

"I know, I have to do something important. I can't really work today."