Prolouge: 1

John Egbert, the alpha timeline's Heir of Breath, unlocked the doors to the ectobiology lab. He was accompanied by his friends Karkat and Sollux. They were trolls of a different session. They wanted to use the lab to see if they could maybe make a new energy source. They needed to use it to power some crazy machine to help find time streams across paradox space. As if it would even work across vast nothingness. John flipped a switch and the whole place lit up. Cobwebs and dust covered most of the interior. "Well damn," Karkat said putting his sweater collar over his mouth and nose, "how long since we last used this?" John shrugged. "Not sure. We built it when we got the new Earth so, 5 years ago?" John told them to cover there mouths and used his breath powers to blow all the dust away. "There we go." Karkat sucked in some dust and grabbed his throat coughing. "Ugh! I hate this place! It's so useless!" Sollux chuckled. "Man KK, he said to cover your mouth." Karkat growled. "Oh yeah well you should shove!.." He started to cough again. John only smiled and turned on the computer. The plan was to try and use the paradox slime to make a power source strong enough to power a paradox locator of whatever it was called. He checked inventory and called to the trolls. "Hey guys, is this our DNA?" Karkat and Sollux looked over at him. "Excuse me?" They walked over and looked at the screen. Sure enough, there were bars of different colors showing how much DNA there was. Apparently, the gang stored some blood in here in case they ever needed to make a quick clone. Karkat scoffed as he saw his red mutant troll blood and looked away. "So what? This isn't what we need. Just get some of the slime and let's go." He gave John a push which he just simply moved and Karkat fell. John hummed as he walked over him and start to fill large glass tubes with green slime.
Karkat grabbed the large keyboard and stood up. "I hate you, Egbert. But I also hate you too, Sollux." His friend looked up from his phone. "Hey man I didn't do anything." "Oh yes you did! It was your idea to come here! I hated doing this in our session and I still do!" Sollux looked back at his phone. "It was just an idea to help us." "A stupid idea. As leader I want my ideas to go through first before anyone else's." Sollux laughed and put away his phone. "As if. Your idea was to use void powers to make a huge battery." Karkat leaned against the keyboard. "Yeah so?" "So that's stupid. Void magic doesn't work like that and we need something stronger." Karkat grit his teeth and hit the keyboard. The tube made a click and John looked up at them. "Guys?" Sollux also hit the keyboard. "Why are we doing this?" Karkat hit it again. "Because I'm pissed off that my plans never get a vote!" Mixed colored slime filled the tubes. John looked over at them. "Guys!" Sollux hit the keyboard one last time. "Because they-" an alarm went off. "Oh great now what?" The slime drained and John backed away from the tubes. A picture of four trolls appeared on the screen. Karkat and Sollux saw they were two of them. "Well shit." The process bar quickly filled up and the tubes drained. A tube above a small metal platform opened and the alarm stopped. Two little wigglers fell out. The three guys slowly turned around to see what make the noise. "Holy Jegus." The troll babies wiggled around and make little noises. John looked at the screen. "Guys, I'm not sure how to say this but, you're mothers?" Karkat spun around. "The hell?!" John laughed. "Okay maybe not mothers but fathers. We just made two baby trolls using four trolls' DNA. Karkat, Terezi, Sollux, and Aradia." Sollux turned around too. "My wife? So, that is indeed my kid?" Karkat's jaw just dropped. "What the hell! I'm not ready for kids! No way that's mine! Terezi would flip if I brought a kid home. Maybe I could tell her it's dinner. Just don't let it be mine." Looked over at the small wiggler slowly rolling away. "Yep that's mine." He walked over to it and picked it up. "I mean I was way more buff then this when I was a wiggler but not everyone can be born like me." Sollux picked up his. "Stupid and a hothead? I pray it takes after your wife more." "Ha yeah...wait what?" The grub bit Karkat's hand and he yelled, waving it around. John had no words. He just watched another weird, paradox making birth happen before his eyes. He was smart and realized there just might be a new sburb session happening within the next 20 years. That meant Lord English just may come back. They had to get that machine ready before then. "I hate to break up like, this touching moment? But we really need to get to work. I'll get more slime while you too handle those grubs. I have a bad feeling for the future." Karkat and Sollux looked over at him. They saw what looked like pain and sadness in his eyes. That wasn't something he carried often. They nodded and walked out of the ectolab with their new kin.