Stone Cold

Juice and Lily, in their own way, confessed their feelings for each other. It wasn't said out right, but it was definitely acknowledged during their spat in the kitchen and the sex that came shortly afterwards. Separately, they made their way over to TM after Juice was called to church. Lily arrived about twenty minutes after Juice to avoid suspicion. She had stayed behind in the kitchen to clean up the mess Juice had made while cooking. When she arrived to TM, Gemma gave her the most unsettling look. It was as if her actions from the previous night and this morning were written all over Lily's face, even though she kept a straight, serious face.

"Where have you been?" Gemma folded her arms over chest and gave her a stare full of judgment.

"Motel." Lily lied.

"A motel? Really?"

"Yes, really. I certainly wasn't going to stay at Jax's anymore with him being home now."

"Aren't you suppose to be back in Philly?" The mother-daughter duo walked into the office together and took a seat at the desk. Lily knew Gemma was going to grill her. That's why she took the time to choose her lies wisely on the drive here.

"What? Am I not allowed to stay here a few extra days?"

"I don't know. Are you?"

Lily fought the urge to sneer at her mother. Instead, she simply rolled her eyes. Gemma always hated when she did that. "Is there a problem?"

"I don't know. Is there?"

"You're starting to really piss me off, mother." Lily emphasized on the mother with a tone full of distaste and annoyance. She stood up and attempted to leave, but Gemma's scornful voice rang out in the small room.

"Sit your ass back down!" Lily stopped with a pout and returned to the chair. Gemma lifted her hand and used her index finger to point at the clubhouse. "You wanna tell me why Juice came in this morning looking like he's on top of the world?"

It took everything within Lily to not roll her eyes again. She mentally cursed Juice. It was easy for her to imagine him coming here with some goofy grin on his face. So, she knew Gemma wasn't making it up. It went with Juice's personality. "I don't what he does with his life. Why don't you ask him?"

"What I think is happening better not be happening."

"Oh, Jesus, Gemma!" Lily shouted. "Give me a fucking break!"

"You know the rules. Family members of club mem..-"

"I don't need a goddamn run of your rule book. What? The guy can't look the slightest bit happy. No, of course not. Not with you around because that simply means you've got to fuck up their life and interfere. Leave Juice alone. He hasn't done anything wrong and neither have I. Stop always looking for a way to start a fucking fight with me. For once, just leave me be."

"Okay." Gemma replied plainly. There was no way she was buying what her daughter was trying to sell. She knew her better than that. Gemma always attempted to control Lily by enforcing rules on her. Lily always went against Gemma and aimed to break those rules. No amount of time passing will change that. They were still the same rotten people.

"My little Lily, what you still doing here?" Chibs grinned at the young Teller as she stepped over towards the bar. "Thought you'd be on the other side of the country by now." She took a seat and Chibs set a glass of gin in front of her.

"Isn't it a little bit too early for a drink?"

"It's never too early for a drink." Lily shrugged her shoulders and took a sip. One drink wouldn't hurt anything. "You didn't answer my question."

"I was hoping you would have forgotten all about it." Lily smiled, trying to get out of his questioning. "I just figured I could stay a little bit longer. Spend some time with the guys who just got out. Just play it by ear."

"You mean Juice?"

"He wasn't the only one in Stockton."

"But he's the only one who could convince you to stay."

"Chibs..." Lily knew the three degree was coming. He was going to lecture her.

"I care about you, Lily. I want what is best for you." His voice was slightly hushed to avoid anyone else overhearing him. " I also want you to do what makes you happy and if whatever is going on happens to make you happy I say, to hell with anyone against it. Fuck em. As much as I respect and love Gemma, this is your life, not hers. If it had to be anyone, I'm glad it's him."

"Thank you." She smiled, genuinely. His words surprised her. She didn't expect him to side with what she obviously was up to. "But you know I can't stay here forever, and I wouldn't dare ask him to leave. He's great....-" Lily paused for a moment to think of the words to describe Juice. "...he's loving and thoughtful...hell, he's perfect, but I don't think we're meant to be. No matter if I want it to work, I know it won't. That's how life goes." Lily didn't want to believe that there could be something or someone good in her life. She always felt like she didn't deserve a kind man. It's why she played down how she truly felt about Juice.

"Juice may be a Son, but he's not like the rest of us. You're going to break his heart."

"He knows the type of person I am."

"You mean the type that runs from her problems?"

"What I'm trying to say is, if his heart gets broken, it's on his own accord."

Just a filler chapter. Sorry it's so short and boring with no Juice. I just wanted to get something out to keep the story going. The next chapter is when the crazy shit will start to happen. (: