life or death

I walked to it the weirdest thing. It was a hole a very very large hole. I began to rapidly speed up. But I tripped over something... A stick I pulled it out of the ground and inspected it. One end had a sharp edge with teeth on the edge of it. The other side is dull I decided to hold onto it. I inched closer to the pit. I barley heard a scream so I whipped around fast enough to see a half naked man running at me. He had tanned skin and a painted face. He leaped in the air with his club held high he swung it down. I blocked it with my spear and countered it with the fuller side. It gashed a hole in his face blood pours down it I was about to stick my spear into him when something grappled me from behind. The arms wrapped around my throat. I grabbed the arms trying to get free... I could feel the air... The life falling leaving as though a movie had ended. I used my nails to cut his arm. It growled at me my eyes now starting to blur I stabbed my fingernails into his arm and I guess I hit something important be cause blood squirted out like a squirt gun firing water. It released its grip on my neck and I gasped for air. I fell towards the ground but caught a glimpse of another beast. Taller than the rest.. covered in decorations. It had a flash light strapped to its back. Then it screamed at me and ran the opposite direction. I blacked out.