Chapter 2

Escaped: Chapter 2

Author's Note: Before we should continue I figure I should make a note that this story is purely fiction. The characters in my story in no way reflect the actual actions of the people in which they've been based. And any events or original character resembling actual events/people are completely coincidental.

That being said, enjoy chapter two :)

I pushed open the glass door of the convenience store and heard the tinkle of the bell that was tied to the door frame.

"Hey babe," I heard someone call.

I looked up to see my friend Ruby, behind the counter, messing with the dial on the small radio she had next to her.

"Hi," I smiled. I went to the back of the small building and grabbed a half gallon of 2% milk from the freezer.

I walked up to the counter where Ruby scanned the milk.

"Can I get a pack for my dad when he gets home?" I asked her.

"Camel?"

I nodded. I tapped my foot along with the catchy pop tune that was playing on her radio but it got interrupted.

"Breaking news! We just received word that two convicts, Niall Horan and Liam Payne, have just escaped prison. The public is advised to stay indoors and phone 999 with any tips to these dangerous men's whereabouts."

"Oh crap," Ruby said running a hand through her layered blonde hair.

"Doesn't your dad work there?"

I nodded, not taking my eyes off the radio.

"I'm sure he's fine," she tried to reassure me.

"Y-yeah.." I said, not really thinking.

"Charlotte!"

My head snapped up. "Huh?"

"He's okay. I know he is." Ruby's blue eyes looked into my gray ones.

I nodded again, blinking back tears.

"You're right. I'm gonna get home though."

"Be careful, babe," she said reaching over to counter to give me a hug.

I embraced her and grabbed my bag.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"See ya.."

Little did I know, I wouldn't being seeing her tomorrow. In fact, I might never be seeing her again.

-

I shuttered and pulled my coat tighter around myself as a cold rush of wind blew in. The snow swirled around me.

I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket as I was approaching my neighborhood.

I looked at the caller ID.

Mom.

I was nearly five minutes from home, I'd figure out what she wanted then.

I switched off my phone and continued down the street.

A shutter went down my spine and I couldn't say why.

"Ever get the feeling you're being watched?" I muttered to myself.

Just then, I felt something hard press into my back. I froze.

"Hey sweetheart," a voice said into my ear. "You know, you shouldn't be wandering around here all by yourself. They say there're some dangerous guys running around."

I heard another voice off to my left let out a chuckle.

"What do you say we go for a road trip?"