Chapter 3

Demon Alexander Kane's POV

"Wait, what," she asked in shock

" You said I was good looking or should I say hot," I said looking at her beauti- no I can't think like that. Not when I know it will never happen, not with what I am. No matter how much I want to.

"But how I didn't say it out loud," She said looking at me confused.

"I just did. . . Now hush, I have to talk to Pierce," I said as I walked around her to go to my brother and his rather annoying friend." I wasn't joking when I said Father wanted to talk to you ."

" You think I care right now, I have things I need to do at the moment that don't include Father." He said.

"Like what, to kill the me and my younger brothers. Since you've grown so close to my older brothers. If I can even call them that any more. I would rather have them dead than be a friend of yours," said the girl from behind me.

" Why would I do that, aren't we friends?" Pierce said looking into her eyes .

"Because it's what you do , Pierce." I answered for her,as she backed away from him.

"Shut it, Demon!" Pierce yelled looking at me angry for ruining his chances to gain her trust.

"No, I'm not going to let you hurt another family because of the things Father orders us to do! I yelled back at him.

"What do you mean another family? She asked looking at me.

" It's something my Father orders us to do. I hate it, but we have to do it." I told her, trying avoid looking in to her eyes

"Why would your father do that to you?" She asked looking at me.

" Because it's what he does. . ." I said still not looking at her " No matter how much I want to, I can't stop."

"Who is your father?" She asked trying to get me to look at her.

" He's someone who your father shouldn't have messed with." Pierce said smirking.

I so want to smack that smirk of his face, she thought to herself, she had no clue I could hear her.

I looked up, now looking her, I leaned close so only she could hear and whispered " Don't worry, I do too."

Instead shock covering her face like I expected to, I saw confusion. Crap!

"How did you do that?" She whispered back still confused but now anger was mixed with it. " Don't try to change the subject!"

" By the look on your face." I said feeling bad that I lied to her, but I have to she can't know what I am.

"Oh. . . sorry I got mad then." she said as she looked away blushing. From what I don't know.

" It's fine. I don't really care, Pierce gets mad at me all the time. Then again that can be because of us being half brothers." I said looking behind her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Demon Kane > > >