Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The car ride heading to the first hotel was not very pleasant to some passengers with Bethany and Bobby’s bickering. Regan and Bailey tried to occupy themselves by kissing each other’s faces off. Nicole and Abby were shooting each other death glares from across the car, but never saying a word. Aaron was sitting in the seat that faced everyone and was not saying anything. He was going to be the peacemaker to Nicole and Abby before war started just like Benvolio was to Romeo and Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet. Aaron never got to sit by Bethany.                   

Regan tore her mouth off from Bailey which left him whimpering, though she needed to tell Bethany and Bobby to shut up. “Guys!” Regan yelled which, surprisingly, got the two bickering kids to shut up and look at her. “Ya know that bickering is a sign of affection.”             

“Hey!” Bethany cut in. “No quoting Hallmark.” Bobby turned to look at her in confusion. Her head turned to only end up a few inches away from Bobby’s face. “What?” She asked innocently.                                                                                                       

“What Hallmark movie did she quote? I can’t seem to recall any Hallmark movie with that quote.”                                                                                                                                  

“Um, it’s ‘Window Wonderland’.”                                                                                       

“Oh, well, I didn’t get to see that one even though I really want to.”                                  

“I didn’t know you watched Hallmark movies. Which one is your favorite?”                     

“I would have to say,” Bobby puffed his cheeks while thinking. “Probably ‘Meet My Mom’.”

“Oh my gosh! I love that one! It was so cute.” Bethany dreamily commented.       

“Which one was your favorite one?” Bobby questioned. So far, this was the first time the two have not bickered and Regan hoped they would stay that way so she can have a peaceful make out session with her lovely boyfriend.                          

“I would have to say ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’, you know, the one where her uncle has to fly over and brings the guy named Morgan, who, by the way, is smokin’ hot, and yeah, does it ring a bell?”                                                                     

“Oh, yeah that one was hilarious with the fake karate and then hit him with the trash can instead.” Bobby said before laughing at the memory of the movie scene. Bethany loved it when she made her friends laugh or smile even though she still lives with the habit of lowering her self-esteem every day.                                     

Aaron watched from the other side and was envious of Bobby since he was sitting by Bethany, Bobby forced Aaron off the seat to sit near her. He also felt that if Bobby tried to make a move on Bethany then he would personally walk over to Bobby and beat the living crap out of him for touching the girl he secretly has a crush on. He would never admit it to anyone, but himself and his journal that he kept in his closet in a box under lock and key. He made sure no guy has a chance with her and made sure they had a personality that was a turn off for Bethany. He wanted her for himself.