Chapter 1

Louis's P.O.V.

It had been a long night and all of us were exhausted to no end.

Harry, Niall, and Liam went out to pick up dinner from Nandos while Zayn and I went to the supermarket to buy some extra snacks for our movie night tonight, since we have the next week off and the flat we all shared lacked its usual supply of food.

"I'm gonna go find the bathroom," Zayn told me as he started to walk in the opposite direction.

"Okay, just don't get lost, we should get back before the other lads do," I called but he was too far away to hear me.

Zayn's P.O.V.

I couldn't take it anymore, my head was pounding so hard it felt like someone was constantly banging on it with two drumsticks and I was incredibly nauseous. I started feeling off after the show but I didn't want to bother the other guys about my problems, especially Liam because he'd go all mother hen on me.

Once I was out of Louis' eyesight, I ran to the nearest bathroom and getting to a stall just in time, I vomited my breakfast and lunch into the toilet. After what seemed like hours, I slumped onto the floor and closed my eyes tightly as the pain in my stomach steadily increased.

I felt lightheaded and it was almost impossible to stand so I just laid there on the floor for another ten minutes wishing I were dead.

When I heard my phone ringing in my pocket, I halfheartedly glanced at it only to find that it was Louis calling me, probably wondering where I've been this whole time.

"Hello?" I mumbled into the speaker trying to not sound like I had just puked my guts out not even 10 minutes ago.

"Zayn it's been like half an hour, where are you?"

"Oh sorry I've been uh, lookin' 'round the store a bit, have you uh checked out yet?" I slurred my words out so fast i could barely keep up with myself. I attempted to lift myself from the floor and finally after a successful third try, I realized Louis was still on the phone talking to me, "What?"

"I said, come to the car now and we can possibly get back in time before Harry, Liam, and Niall do," he sounded a bit annoyed.

"Alright, be there in a minute," slipping my phone back into my pocket, I made my way out of the store as fast as I could.

"Sorry, I was just looking around for a while and then I got lost," I said as I stumbled into the passenger seat not making eye contact with Louis. God, why am I such a terrible liar?

"You okay? You don't look so good," Louis asked me. Then all the sudden I felt something huge and freezing cover my forehead, "Aaahhh! Stop that, you're cold!" I jumped away from his hand and started coughing, earning myself a concerned look from him.

"I think you have a fever...your forehead is really warm. Did you throw up in there or something?" I shrugged and looked out the window thinking about how much better this could have gone.

"Let's just get you home and in bed before you make yourself any worse and catch the bubonic plague," he sighed.

~~~~~~~

When we got back to the flat, the others were in the kitchen throwing things at each other and fighting over food as usual. They all turned and instantly stopped what they were doing as soon as we walked through the door. Niall grabbed the bags of food from Louis and disappeared into the kitchen with it; we all laughed. Then I started feeling lightheaded and wanted to sit down; badly. But I didn't want to draw any attention to myself so I stayed upright leaning my hand against the wall.