1- A Typical Day

"Okay class, there's a history end of unit test in a couple weeks, so be sure to get your head down and revise!" Our history teacher, ms. Mullins proclaimed into the silent room, her sentence met with groans and curses. Oblivious to the hate towards her she continued to stack her papers and collected the books, whilst I chewed on my thumb scrambling to jot down the last few lines of notes from Amber's notepad. Smiling at her I put my stuff away and slung my quaint duffel bag over my shoulder, popping a piece of chewing gum into my mouth.

"Ah, mr Brooks, how kind of you to join us, 50 minutes late to lesson."

I looked up through my deep scarlet hair at the door to see Asher Brooks stood at the door, his usual sombre look and slouching figure in the doorway. He dismissed the teacher's remark and walked off, ignoring the woman's poor attempts at scolding him. I shook my head chuckling, my friend Amber joining in.

"Yeah that's Ash, alright. Late to lesson, late to detentions. Hell, he'd be late to his own funeral," Amber snickered, pulling me with her to the door as the bell rang out briskly. I smirk at her remark and walk to the main doors, checking my watch for the time. 3:35pm. School's out. I sigh in uttermost relief and walk out.

After chatting with Amber and her friends - by which I mean them talking and me laughing quietly at their jokes - I biked home, the chilly April air making me wish I had worn my jacket.

I was half way home when I reached a junction, and swung up to the traffic lights, waiting for the signal. I heard the telltale sounds of bike tyres on gravel and turned to see who it was. The cold steely eyes of Asher stared back at me.

"Hello," he murmured, nervously squeezing the brake on his bike. I stammered under my breath for a reply.

"H-hey, how was school?" I instantly scolded myself. What're you, his mother?, I thought to myself.

"It was... Typical," he replies, slinging himself onto his bike and crossing the street, leaving me to hastily do the same. He begins biking down an opposite street to mine and I gaze in confusion at his slowly receding form in the distance.

Typical? Hmm..

I shrug my shoulders and continue biking home.

***

Hey everyone, this is my new book I know I've been gone for ages I'm sorry: lemme know what you think - Kane.