"Coming Out"

"Get out.." My mother mumbles angrily. "B..but mom you cant.." I say but she cuts me short "I said get out!" I stomp and grab a bag full of clothes and belongings "Fine then I don't need you!" My mother stays silent. "Ugh!" I walk to the front door and slam it behind me. Tears stream down my face as I dial Emily. (Emily: my best friend) She picks up "Hey Isla!" She exclaims through the phone. I say through sniffles "E..Emily S..she kicked me o..out." Emily goes silent for a moment "Awe Isla.. I'm so sorry..you can stay with me as long as you want." I rub my eyes "T..thanks Em.." "No problem.. but I can't pick you up my cars fucked up again. Could you walk over?" "Yeah yeah that's fine I'll be there in a few." I say. "Alright see you when you get here." She hangs up.

I walk. Slowly. Depressed. Numb. Cold. I make it. I knock on Emily's door. She answers and hugs me "I'm so glad you made it!" I hug her tightly. She let's me in. I sit on the couch "Em I hope you don't mind me staying.." Emily hands me a glass of tea "Oh its the least I can do.." I sip my tea slowly "I didn't think she would..kick me out.." Emily pats my back "Maybe she'll ask you to come home?" I snicker "Yah right.." Emily gets up "Hey do you mind if I go to sleep? I work tomorrow." I look up at her "Yah fine by me." She gets me a few pillows and blankets so I can sleep on the couch. She heads to bed. I hit the TV on and watch and slowly fall asleep.

I wake up to the smell of coffee brewing. "Emily?" I say sleepily. No response. "Hm.. guess she went to work already.." I stretch and look at my phone. 12 missed calls. I call the number back. They answer "Isla!!" I almost drop my phone "M..Megan h..hey" (Megan: My ex girlfriend) "Hey! I heard your mom kicked you out.." I yawn "yeah.. so.. why are you calling?" Megan goes silent for a moment "I..um just wanted to make sure you're alright.." I say almost sounding angry "I'm fine." "Whatever.." She hangs up. I press my face against my pillow and cry. Cry. Cry. Cry.. I cry until there's nothing left. I feel better after, but hungry af.. I grab my phone "Hi.. Yeah I'd like to order a pizza.. Yah.Yah. Sausage.. Thank you.. uh huh bye." I stare at the tv watching Kim complain about her sisters. I change the channel. SpongeBob. Perfect. Something so happy and stupid will surely make me feel better. I laugh a little at the stupidity. The door bell rings. I get up and open it paying for my pizza. I slam the door and lay on the couch shoveling pizza down my throat. Pizza and a child's show. Worthless. But still a little amusing. Emily calls and says she's almost home. I rub my face with my hands and mumble "Ah god I need a cigarette.." I reach in my sweater pocket and pull out a box of cigarettes and go outside and lean against the building wall. I light it and slowly puff smoke out of my mouth. "Finally.." Emily pulls up in her driveway and parks. She walks up the small sidewalk  "Isla do you really think that's necessary..?" I blow smoke in her face and laugh softly. She crosses your arms "your gonna get addicted to those things if you don't stop.." I shrug "Eh I already am.." Emily laughs and rolls her eyes "Hey.. how about we go out and meet some people?" I flick the last remaining bit of my cigarette "sure..?" "Wow you sound excited.." Emily says sarcastically.  I smirk "psh.."   (End of Part One)