The Darkest Place Ever

I sighed, looking out into the dark, gloomy, mischievous streets of Aloka Itzal, the kingdom I would soon inherit, being the only child of the Main Leader. I brushed out my pitch black hair, messy from hiding it under a hood for 16 years. Suddenly, my conveyance transmitter omitted a loud blaring alarm. That's weird. I never got communications. Nobody knew I even existed, or that's what it felt like. Startled, I checked it. 'Felon disclosure' it read in bright red printing. Ugh. I moaned. I was interrupted for nothing. Usually, this meant that a criminal was passing overhead. If it was serious, the community alarms would go off and my father would send a message. By the way, our conveyance transmitters were like the human's cell phone. Okay, so I'm not human. In fact I'm far from human, or so I thought. Anyway, my hair mussed again, and I got bored. So I read the given information on the trespasser. It was an 18 year old male by the name of Kace Hill. He actually looked kinda attractive. He had wild dirty blonde hair and interesting silver eyes. I'm Tanaiah Black by the way. I have black messy hair and black eyes. A lot of the Shadows, my people, look like me. One difference though, was, while many had an almost translucent skin tone, mine was slightly more tan. While Kace had a slight tan complexion. He had committed theft. So about my people. We live in the shadow and are invisible to the human eye. Each of us have different talents. More on that later. I shook myself back to reality. Snap out of it, I chastised myself. I sighed, finished getting myself ready, then headed to the office for another meeting, another day of being ignored.