Friendzone.

Friendzone.

"To hell with friendzone, Julie. I will love you with all the timezone."

I said after I gather all the luck in the world.

I know that it's beyond the boundaries of being friends with her but what can I do, I love her, more than just a friend.

Julie is a friend.

But, that was before. Not until I fell in love with her.

Julie is a flight attendant.

I hate it when she's leaving. I hate it when she stays more often outside the country and I don't have all the rights to check on her.

Julie is fragile.

She never had a boyfriend, but she love someone. That bastard is a pain in the neck. I want to knock him down and tell him, that she's mine. Only mine.

Julie is a Princess.

And I am willing to be her servant if not the Prince, just to spent a time with her.

I am Elmo Magalona. Julie's friend, lover, and a willing-Prince.

I'm at her condo unit.

I fetch her from the airport. She's gone for like 3 weeks going north of America.

She gave me a warm embraced after seeing me. She gave me a kiss on the cheek after saying that she missed me.

I was so happy. Happy that I asked for another hug. She obliged and gave me chicken kisses.

"Julie, wala ka bang sasabihin?"

Nakatulala lang siya.

"Elmo, I don't know."

Nasaktan ako sa sinabi niya. It was like an indirect rejection. There is a part me saying na sana hindi na lang, sana pinabayaan ko na lang, sina hindi ko na sinabi.

Shocked was written all over her face.

At tutal nandito na lang rin naman ako. Isang pahiyaan na lang.

I sat on the couch.

"San Jose, mahal kita eh. Mahal na kita. Hindi ko alam kung bakit, kung paano, pero mahal na kita. Mahal kita na higit pa sa isang kaibigan."

Wala pa rin siyang reaksiyon.

Walang imik.

Bwiset na babae 'to, sobrang bato.

"I know, we're like twins na simula pagkabata magkaibigan na. Laging magkasama. Hindi ba pwedeng maglevel-up naman yung relasyon natin?" I said in a furious tone.

"Julie, mahal kita. Iba ka sa lahat ng babaeng nakilala ko. Julie, gusto kitang alagaan. Julie, gusto ko kapag nagseselos ako, meron akong karapatan." I held both of her hands.

"Aaminin ko, I stalked you on facebook, on instagram and on twitter. Nahihiya akong mag-message sayo everytime na aalis ka, baka kase anong isipin mo. Natatakot ako na baka hindi mo ako gusto, gaya ng pagkagusto ko sayo. Pero Julie, nung mga time na yon, confused ako."

"Julie, I love you and I'm willing to give up everything for you."

I kissed the back of her right hand.

"Julie Anne, I'm serious. Magsalita ka naman."

Hinilamos ko ang dalawang kamay ko sa mukha.

Natawa siya. Pero bigla rin naging poker face.

Haay. Nakakainis naman 'tong babaeng 'to. Pahirap. Pasakit. Pag ako mainis, hahalikan ko na lang bigla 'to.

"Julie." I let her to face me.