-Chapter Five-

The room was a little too clean and Louis wondered if it was because the boy didn't have much to do besides clean the house.

The pans seemed to sparkle and the place smelt like lemon and freshly cleaned clothes.

A loud clatter startled them and they turned to where the Hatter stood looking guilty as a pan sat by his feet

"I think I'm clumsy" He muttered

"You think?" Niall exclaimed sarcastically

"Hatter, please" The doorman sighed "no loud noises incase there are spies"

"You said" Louis cut in seeing the crest-fallen face of the hatter before turning to the doorman "That she takes memories, did she do that to Hatter?

"That is what she does, and you should leave before she finds out you're here and does the same to you" The doorman replied

"We don't know how, that's how we met the Hatter trying to ask him not that he was of much help anyway" Niall grumbled

"He was of as much help as he could be" Louis defended him "You try loosing your memories"

"Loosing my mind would be more accurate" Niall scoffed

"I do have feelings" the hatter said and they all turned to him to see him standing with hunched shoulders and watery eyes

"Niall, stop being a twat and taking your bad mood out on the Hatter, take it out on me if you have to" Louis said rounding on him "We didn't ask for this to happen but it did and you're going to have to accept that and realise that it has nothing to do with the Hatter"

Niall finally had the decency to look guilty as he looked up at the hatter.

"sorry" He muttered his shoulders sagging "I just want to go home"

"I know you do and we're working on it" Louis sighed "do you have any idea how to get back to England at all"

"you go to the ruins of course" The doorman said, Louis nodded as if he knew exactly where the ruins were "And drink from the fountain" He finished with a roll of his eyes like it was obvious.

"That's it?" Louis asked "Drink from a fountain and poof, back in England?"

"Yeah" Nodded The doorman

"Now just to find out how to become big again" Niall said

"That's easy" The door man said with a roll of his eyes once more, Louis wondered if he even realised they'd only been in this place for a few hours or if he was really oblivious to them only just accepting that there was such a thing as food that made you bigger or smaller.

"This will do it" He said striding over to a cupboard beside the hatter and pulling out a tin full of cakes.

He held out the tin to each of them and Louis grabbed some as did Niall. Louis looked at it hesitantly as Niall bit into his happily.

Before his eyes Niall began too shoot up at alarming rate, the table making him even taller and Louis laughed as Niall whacked his head on the ceiling; Louis felt it served him right.

Louis learning from Nialls mistake walked to the edge of the table, dropped onto a chair and then jumped onto the floor.

He ate a piece of the cake and felt the familiar tingles fill his body as his surroundings came into the perspective he was used to.

He did a customary check of his limbs and when he was Happy everything was normal he turned to the others in time to see Niall all off the table, new height messing with his judgement.