Number 1: Shards of glass

I've never looked at my reflection before, my mother told me that I shouldn't, she would say it was selfish, a careless thing to do but she never told me what I found out yesterday.

As I woke up that morning, I knew it was the day. The mirror lay on the wall of my room, covered by a large sheet of plastic. I breathed deeply, I didn't have long until my mother would enter my room. After staring at the mirror for several minutes, I lifted my trembling hand to touch the plastic, my heart pounding out of my chest. In one quick motion I pulled away the sheet and stared at my plain, colorless face for the first time in my life.That's when the room started trembling, my mind was racing as fast as a lion chasing his prey. The mirror broke and a bright, purple light peeked out from within a crack. I felt a deep surge from inside me as my soul was sucked into the luminous purple light of the mirror. I had entered the past, but not the past that I remember, this was my father's past.

There in the middle of a dark, grim room, stood a man. He looked around thirty and wore large, black- framed glasses. I soon realized who it was, my father, who died in a car crash just after my second birthday. I ran up to him, I was joyous in such a dull and sad world. I ran at full pelt towards him but just went straight through him. I was a ghost, I didn't exist in this part of the past, this fact drained the life from me. I watched him as he walked towards a large, golden mirror, the only colorful thing in the room. He looked at his reflection, a plain face, a bit like mine. He slowly lifted his hand to touch the pointed nose of his reflection . As quick as a flash, the hand of his identical self reached out for him and grabbed him by the neck. He was pulled in to the mirror, lost forever. An older man walked in who I assumed was his father, he cried when he realized that his son was gone, there was not a trace left of my father. He hadn't died the way my mother said he had, the mirror killed him, and that's why she didn't want me to see my reflection. Little did I realize at the time that I was now stuck in the mirror. I was lost in time, the mirror had killed me too.