Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of a non-stop noise of an alarm ringing. Rolling over, I hit my alarm and sit up in bed. Sure, I hated getting up early but it was for a friend. I slowly crawl out of my soft bed, stumbling a bit as I stood on the cold floor. "Damn, that's cold." I mumble, taking a couple of steps before grabbing a top and pants then going to the bathroom. After a while, I walk out of the bathroom and down the hall, towards the kitchen. I walk over to my toaster and place bread in it then grabbing a glass off the shelf. The toast popped and I quickly butter it then take a bite as I wrote a short note to Tom telling him where I was going to be. I grab my bag and phone, throwing on a coat before leaving the apartment.

I park my car, hopping out and walking to the door. I ring the bell and wait for an answer. "Answer the door. Answer the door." I whisper, rubbing my arms trying to keep warm in the cold morning. "Hey Kat! Glad you could make it this early." Mark said so enthusiastically, I wanted to slap him. "Yeah, yeah." I say, yawning as he let me walk in. I take off my coat as Amy walked in the room. "Hey Kat. How's Tom and the filming going?" She said, pulling me into a hug. "It's going good for him. Even though I get lonely sometimes when he's gone." I say as I pull out of the hug and start rubbing my right arm. It's a habit that happened a while after Tom went away the first time. "Well you can come here anytime when he's gone and we could do some stuff together. Like a girls' day with Kathryn too." She said, pulling me to the stairs before stopping at the bottom. She glanced back at me before continuing up the stairs. I wonder why she glanced back at me?

"Why did I need to be here early? We're doing nothing." "Cause you're always late for videos and we add you in, which looks weird." I roll my eyes as Mark finished. Amy and Mark start to laugh, so I join in, confused as to why we were laughing. "Why are we laughing?" I asked, as their laughing died down.  "Oh nothing." Mark said, waving his hand. I was still confused but decided to forget about. "When is Ethan here?" I whine, already wanting to get the video done with. "Soon Kat, soon."