It's hard to keep a secret when it's huge and purple and right on your neck

I don't do enough oneshots. They're really fun to write.

I was inspired to write this at school in ICT, when I looked at the computer screen and saw nothing but nonsense while the rest of the class was happily typing away.

Now, enough pointless talk.

BEGIN.

----------------------------------------------------

I stare blankly at the computer screen in front of me. The whole page is just numbers and buttons with phrases like 'illuminate text' and 'trim sound'.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with this?" I ask exasperatedly.

Mikey leans over to see my screen.

"What do I press?" I ask him. "What did you press?"

"Uh... I don't remember," he frowns. "Sorry, Frank, I can't help you."

He sighs, turns back to his computer and continues adding weird special effects to his video.

"Gerard..." I whine. "Help me."

He turns to me and smiles fondly. "You've always been shit with computers."

"I know..." I say irriatedly. "Now what am I supposed to do?"

"Let's see..." he mutters.

He gently places his hand on top of mine and guides the mouse to click on a series of random buttons, and suddenly, the screen is filled with buttons I know, like 'colour' and 'delete'.

"Shit," I mumble. "How did you do that?"

"Simple. You just press Control C to the power of the number it says on the meter, then you press F11, shift, alt, F6, and shift four more times."

"Thank you so much! I could kiss you!"

"Not here, sweetie," he murmurs.

I smile and his blank face turns to a smirk. "Maybe later in the lockers, though." He pats my thigh.

I bite my lip to suppress a grin and turn back to my screen. I carry on working confidently, clicking buttons that make sense. The lesson goes by quite quickly now I actually have a clue what I'm doing, and it almost passes without anything going wrong. Almost.

"Frank!" Ray suddenly utters, sounding shocked.

"Huh? What?" I swivel around in my chair to face him.

"What the hell is that?" He stares at my neck.

My eyes widen. Oh crap. Oh, crap. "Nothing," I say as smoothly as I can.

"Frank! Don't lie to me! Oh my god, you have a hickey!"

"Shut up," I hiss.

"Frank Iero has a hickey! I never thought I'd see the day!"

"Shut the fuck up, Ray!" I elbow him in the ribs, but he doesn't stop.

"Let me see!" He reaches out to move my collar and I bat his hands away.

"Get-- oi! Get off!"

By now, most of the class is staring, open mouthed, and the teacher seems to be doing nothing to stop it.

"Oh my god, there's more!" Ray undoes my top button and pulls the collar out the way and I feel myself turn scarlet as he stares at the collection of purple marks spread over my neck and collarbone. "Jesus, these are fantastic!" he grins.

"Who gave them to you?" Pete shouts across the room.

"N-no one!"

"What, like five hickeys just appeared overnight?" Ray raises an eyebrow.

"No! I... I have anaemia?" I say uncertainly, desperate for some sort of excuse.

"Seriously?"

"Come on, who did it?" Mikey presses excitedly.

My eyes flicker around the room at everyone so it looks at least a little inconspicuous when I glance at Gerard to see if he's given us away. His cheeks are flushed red and he is hiding behind his hair, but this is basically the norm for Gerard. He seems to be perpetually embarrassed.

"I bet it was someone in the class," Patrick grins.

"Come on! Just tell us who did it!" Pete pleads.

"Tell us!" begs everyone in the class excitedly.

Except for Gerard.

"Hey, Gee, are you okay?" Ray asks, turning the class's focus to him.

"Yeah!" Gerard says quickly. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Don't you want to know who gave Frankie those hickeys?" he teases. Then he frowns deviously. "Unless you already know."

Gerard turns a brighter shade of scarlet and swallows. Ray's eyes widen and his mouth drops open.

"Shit," Gerard mutters.

I turn around and flick his arm. "Asshole! They had no idea up until now!"

"Sorry!"

Ray bursts out laughing. "Oh my god, we always knew it was you two!"

"Shut it."

"Hey, what's going on?" Joe calls across the room.

"Gerard gave Frank a bunch of hickeys!" Ray yells back.

"Tell the world!" I shove Ray.

Gerard bites his lip and swallows and I place my hand on his arm. I don't expect him to relax at my touch but he does.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says quietly. "This is just incredibly embarrassing."

"Hey, I'm the one with the fantastic hickeys everyone wants to see."

"Courtesy of me."

"Yeah! Thanks!"

"Why do people even give hickeys anyway?" Bob yells pointlessly.

"To mark their territory," Ray explains.

"Because you're mine," Gerard growls playfully, his mood lifting slightly. "Mine."

I nod and kiss his nose. "I'm yours."

----------------------------------------------------

Okay, I hope you guys liked that.

It's not amazing, but I felt like writing some fluff. And it was pretty fun! Maybe I should write more oneshots.

Anyways, please vote and comment etcetera.

xoxo