Chapter 20: What do you think?

The story has reached 2000 reads! Thank you! Please vote & comment! I love hearing the readers' feedback on the story. :)

Chapter 20: What do you think?

It was finally time to meet Taylor. I changed into my cutest running clothes and left my hair down. I want Taylor to see my hair before I put it up to go running. I had my phone in my pocket and my water bottle on the table. I was walking down the stairs when he knocked on the door. I hesitated at the door, anxious and nervous to show him my new look, and opened the door. His jaw dropped and his eyes got really big. I almost laughed, but tried to hold it in until he at least said something.

"Lil?"

"Yes?" I smirked.

"You-"

"What do you think?" I asked, "like my new look?"

"What do I think? What do you think?"

I finally let it out and started laughing, "do you like it or not?"

"It looks so different" he said, "but I love it."

"Really?" 

"Really." he confirmed, "it just surprised me. Your hair was so long before."

"I know."

"What made you change it?"

"Because the long hair and dark makeup is what made everybody think I was a rebel" I said.

"So this is about Abby."

"No," I said, "it's not. It's about me. I want people to take me seriously and they couldn't before. All they could think about was my old rebel self or how goth or emo I looked before. Abby helped me change up my style."

"Either way, it looks great" he smiled, "I could definitely get used to it."

"Good" I smiled, "ready for our run?"

"Let's go."

I grabbed my water bottle and he took my and we started our run. We walked to the lake first before officially starting the run. Not much talking was done before the run, we just enjoyed the outdoors and being together. Every once in awhile he would race me to a certain point or I would race him. It made for a more interesting run. An hour or two later we ran around the entire lake. We only stopped a few times to take a break. He collapsed onto a nearby bench first and I sat down next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"This was the perfect way to end your stay here" I said.

"You think so?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"I agree. I can't imagine anything better than spending my last night running around the lake and just spendin time with my girl." 

"What's gonna happen now?" I asked him.

"Well...I'm gonna go do my career stuff. I'll call and text you every day and you're going to do your school stuff. You're going to meet with your group and work on your music. I'll come back when I'm done with my career stuff and it will be right in time for you to get out for the semester and then you'll be on tour where I will accompany you."

"You make it sound so easy" I said.

"It will be" he said, "we'll be fine. We will text and call and skype and we'll be back together before we know it. It won't be that bad. I promise."

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Okay" I agreed.