Chapter 1

Year: 2006
Age: 6

"Mommy i dont wanna go to school today. Please let me stay home" I begged and begged my mommy. I dont like school. Some people are mean to me and make fun of my birthmark on my arm. My mom says its beautiful. But i dont think so.

I have to go to school. "Bye mom" I say, dodging her kiss. I fling out the door and wait at the bus stop. As im leaning on the pole, a very handsome blonde haired boy with blue eyes comes on his scooter. He says hi to me. I say hi back. "I like your birthmark" He says. "Why?" I reply. Nobodies ever complimented my birthmark. "Its a cool shape"
"Well, thanks. No one says that." I reply, looking up at him. "Oh, Some people dont see the beauty in things" he says to me. Whats that supposed to mean? I dont know. "Whats your name?" I ask. "Tanner Fox" He said, smiling. "What about you?"
"Im Olivia Reynolds" I smile back. Here comes the bus. We sit next to eachother, someone from the back of the bus starts talking to us. "Do you like eachother?" He says, coming to sit infront of eachother. "No way, boys have cooties" i say, folding my arms. "Do not!" Tanner replies. "Do so! Anyway, we're just friends." I smile cheekily. "Can i be your friend too?" He asks. "Im Tanner" He says, with his arm out. "Im Tanner too! Nice name!" Tanner F says, shaking his hand. "Im Olivia" i  say, also shaking his hand. "Hmm. We need nicknames so we dont muddle up your name" I suggest. They both nod. "Ill be Tan" Tanner B says. "Okay, Tan. What about you, Tanner? Wait. Now that hes Tan, you dont need a nickname" I say, feeling pretty smart.

The bus finally stops and we all get out. "Can we play at lunch?" Said Tan. "Of course! Cant wait" Says Tanner. We all wave and run to our classrooms. "Haha you have an ugly birthmark!" Says a girl in my class. She sings those words everyday, pointing at my arm. Then the teachers tells her not to do it, but she doesnt stop. Ive gotten used to it. Shes not even pretty herself. She is, but she has a skin condition, called eczema. I dont bully her about it though.

*bell rings*
Finally lunch time. "Hey Tan, Hey Tanner!" I say. "Hey olivia" We go and sit down to eat lunch. "What did you get?" Said Tan, looking at my lunch. "I got Animal Crackers and a sandwhich.  What about you guys?"
"I got Nutella Sticks and a sanswhich!" Said Tanner. "I have a muesli bar, Cookies and an apple" Said Tan. "Hey! Can i swap my Animal crackers for your Nutella sticks?" I ask Tanner. "No thanks. Ill ask my mom to put in 2 Nutella sticks packets tomorrow" Tanner replied.

"Yay its finally the end of school, that was long." I say, stepping out of the bus "I know right. Where do you guys live" Asked Tanner. I pointed to my house with one eye open so i could spot it perfect. "Right there!" I say, smiling. "Awesome! I live down the road from you!" Tanner told me. "I live right here" Said Tanner. "You guys are lucky. I live way down the road" Tan says sadly. "Where?" I say. He wanted to show us, so on the way me and Tan asked our moms if we could go to our new friends house. "How far away is it?" Said mom. "I dont know, he knows" I said, pointing to Tan. Mommy ended up giving a cell phone and if i needed to call her i could ring her.

"Hey did you guys feel that" Tan asked. "No, what is it? Oh wait. Raindrops!" I shouted. We all looked up and the sky was covered in grey. "Come on, lets run to your house!" Tanner said. "I bet i can beat you in a race!" Tan laughed. I smirked and acted like i was gonna lose so they coukd go easier on me. "3..2..1!!"
The wind brushed through my face and my legs jumped infront of one another. I looked to the side and saw i was coming 1st place! Problem is, i didnt know where to stop! "Haha, i win!" I shout with my hands in a fist in the air. I turn around and they're both way behind. I run back to see that Tanner fell over and hurt himself. "Olivia! Come here! What do we do?" Tan asked sounding very worried. My heart started racing. Tanner had a ginormous graze of his hands and forehead. "Oh no Tanner! Ill call my mom!" I pulled out my jacket pocket, but couldnt find my phone. "Crap! I dont know know where my phone is!" I said, my breaths became deeper and slower. "Ouch! It really hurts" Tanner mumbled. The rain started to fall heavier and heavier. Tanner had a short sleeve and i had a long sleeve, so i gave him my jacket. "Tanner it will be okay dont worry" I said. Tan rushed home to get him mom, and they came back in the car to drive Tanner back home. "Thanks" Tanner said. He has 2 massive plasters on his hands and one on his forehead. When we dropped him home, i gave him a huge hug, just for being brave today. "Ill wait at the bus stop for you" Tanner said to us. "Okay, See you tomorrow" Tan replied and gave him a hug. "Bye guys" I said, and i got dropped off home. That was how me, Tan and Tanner met, and our first say spent together. :)

updating soon :)