Where am I?

The boy felt a blanket of snow pressed on his body, the air pierced his chest, ghostly smoke escaped his mouth. "Mama?"

Rising from the creaking bed, he let his eyes wander. The floor, mushy and wet, he gritted his teeth and squinted his eyes.

Vague images pollute his mind, trying to conjure what his vision cannot. Four corners of ashen walls confined him, an old brown door with it's knob, missing.

Vigorously rubbing his arms, a small table caught his attention, a piece of paper resting on it. He flopped the dust off, skimming through the content, but he gave up.

His mind suddenly retreated, a piercing noise stabbed his ears.

I welcome you both. This, is a world crafted by me, and brought to life by you. I am in need of your help. Mother is dead, the heir must sleep in the eternal bed. Origin is in grave danger, the time spent, the weaker the bond becomes. Seek out the heir, return her to Origins, and restore life back to this world. Salvation lies with your decision. Be warned, he knows you are here, he will stop at nothing to destroy you. Make haste, I believe in you, Reader.

"Hello?" He asked. "Who are you? Who is mother? Where am I? What's going on?" The empty room ate his questions.

His stomach churned when he heard a faint growl. Rolling his hands into fists, he slowly took small feathery steps back until he met the wall. Slow, lungful sniffs hugged behind the door. a dog? He thought. A bear? Placing his hands on the wall, creating enough distance from the door, he began skimming the room.