Mira

"Where are we?" He asked. "A cave, a big cave." Her voice resounding in the empty rock walls. Stalagmites daggered them from above as they made their way on dry land.

Fire came from the ground, he jumped, looking at the girl returning a vile back on her strap. "Are you a magician?" He asked.

"Not exactly," Sitting down and facing her palms to the fire. "I'm an alchemist. I sort of... make magic, but not entirely. Like, mixing ingredients together, and then making new ones. But, mostly I make healing medicine." She paired her legs close to her chest. He nodded, opening his hands to the burning fire too.

"What... What were those things?" He asked.

"Feelingless."

"What?"

"That's what I call them. A pack of dogs roaming around this forest, killing anything in their sight." Her voice was grim, "We're lucky to escape, but eventually, they'll come back." 

He bowed his head, not responding to what she said. 

"At least, we're safe here, for now." Rubbing her hands together.

"Was there someone with you?" He asked. Huddling himself into a ball and creating little distance from the fire. 

"Well, I came here with my brother, to study plants. I wanted to make some medicine,"

"Oh... this means, this sword is?"

"His, yeah."

"So, where is he?"

She didn't replay, she hugged her legs together with her hands, dipping her head down. "I don't know." Her voice cracked a little.

Setting his hands down, he turned all of his attention to the snuggling turtle girl. She let out a slow and steady sigh, "We were on the foot of a mountain gathering flowers, it just rained, I needed them to make some medicine, then... then they came."

"The Feelingless?"

"Out of nowhere they started mauling him, I... I tried to help... I slipped and fell down on some trees before I hit the ground. All I remembered was hearing him scream before I passed out." Her grip tightening around her arms, slightly shaking.

Her voice, covered in tears, "He wasn't there when I woke up... his sword was the only thing left." 

He bowed his head and caressed the sword's strap. "I'm sorry..."

"I was stupid to bring him with me... but I didn't want him to get sick like everyone else..."