Waiting in Dream (One Shot)

"It was a sudden temporary goodbye after all. I know, it's for us. I even became hopeless... I don't know. There was a point when I already felt like giving up..."

--------

"That day when you said goodbye, the day when I was about to need you most. It was the point that I thought everything is lost, everything can't go back anymore.

I've met a lot of people, I've been busy building up my career... Although it was about five years, I think. I shouldn't be hoping anymore. I don't know why I still hold on to promise.

In that five years, I've been into hardships and points of giving up, on you, on my life. I was so pessimist. But there's still a part of me that kept me going on, and that was my faith.

Should you want to hear my major life events for the past five years without you, here it goes...

I'm not sure if you heard of this but, my family's life was almost put into an end...

You know that my father was a government servant. He protects lives, he guards important people. To the point that even us, got involved.

During that time, he was tasked to become the head officer of some high profiled person, let us say, a politician. There was once when the only daughter of the politician got kidnapped. Surprisingly, the kidnappers wasn't asking for money, but for the identity and the person himself, of the greatest bomb creator of that time. Unfortunately on their part, that bomb creator was also one of the government servants. Thus, what he does is legal and not against the law.

Dad and his troop was thinking of the other way they could retrieve the girl. I found it hard for them...

"Alright then, I think we don't have any other way." The bomb creator said.

"What are you planning to do?" Dad asked.

"Her life is more important. I'm just here to do what is right."

"Even if it will cost your life??"

"That's what public servants do right?"

Prior to that time, group of men went to the places where we were. During that time, I was in my mom's office. Group of men suddenly grabbed me, leaving our car behind.

In an abandoned warehouse, I found out that my whole family, the bomb creator's family and the girl were all there. We were blindfolded. All we can do is to pray and wait for a miracle to happen.

*Sound of a phone call*

"So, officer, would you want to hear your family??"

"What the hell did you do? Don't dare hurt them!!"

"How about you, bomb officer?"

"I surrender."

"No! Don't listen to these bastards! Protect yourself. Do what is right, we are fine." His wife said.

Because of that, she got hit by some men there. We can't do anything to help her. Everyone was tied up, everyone was blindfolded.

Every moment was like second of a clock. Later, I just felt that I've been rescued. My blindfolds and hand knots were removed.

I really don't understand how things happened. All I remember during that time was, I'm with the bomb officer's daughter, looking for a safe place where we can hide ourselves.

All those things happened in a dash. No one died, everyone was recovered. The kidnappers were arrested, some of them were killed.

After that traumatic experience, the memory lingers, but life goes on. I still have to live my life. I do it like nothing happened. I continue to build my career.

I've tried entering the path that I really want. To become a hospitality person. At first, I have tried working in one of the biggest hotels as a receptionist. Soon, I expanded my experiences and took the sideline of being a tourist guide. I entertain and organize itineraries, especially those of foreigners'. I've even entertained a very handsome Japanese guy. Errr... He's so cute.

So, I have lots of experiences... How about you?"

---

*Pulls out his hanky and wipes off his tears*

"I'm sorry for the years that I'm not there to protect you, to make you happy, to be the person you can hold on everytime. In that five years, I was really having second thoughts and I don't know why. I promised to be gone only for a while, and even though I know you are waiting, I still let myself enjoy life without you. I have wasted the five years of your supposedly happy life. I hated myself for being like that. I know in myself that I love you. I hate it that I let you down. But if you would let me, I'll be with you, I'll make you happy, I'll rebuild the life you supposed to have, I'll be your man for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?"

All I did was to burst into tears. I nodded and he put the ring of endless promise onto my finger. I hugged him tight and said...

"I thought all of these happens only in a dream."

♡♡♡