Chapter 6

The sun slides across my face through an open curtain when I finally open my eyes. I click my phone and see 2 missed calls but just yawn when i remembered where I was. "She's still here mom. On the couch" I heard Will say. I slowly raise up and tip toe across the floor to the counter being careful with my feet because the floor is ice cold. "I know i know. I love you to" Will had said into the phone before hanging up and turning around. 

"Oh geesh, your awake" he laughs stumbling back. I laugh and slid onto a bar stool across him. "How are you feeling?" I asked taking back the words when i notice pain all across his face. He mumbled something under his breath and my heart filled with grief for him. "Thank you for watching out for me last night" he mumbled pouring me a glass of milk. "No, problem but you really need to invest in a heater"I laughed shivering. "Yea it broke about a week ago here take this" he said reaching over the counter and grabbing a white and blue hoodie. I slipped it over my head and pulled my hair back. "Are you hungry?" he questions serving himself eggs. "Depends can you cook?" I asked him curiously. "Hm, smart little thang arent ya" he replied before serving me eggs. I cut them up and scarfed him down. 

"Not bad, not bad" I said. All i wanted to do was distract him from what was going on outside of this apartment. I noticed his eyes wandering else where. "Will...?" I asked hims softly. "It hurts" he said. He sat on the stool next to me with his head dropped. My blood boiled from seeing him like this. I stood up, now over him an inch or two. I knew no words would help. "I love her" is all he could make out. His head dropped again. "Listen" I say gripping his chin and leaning it up. "Your smart, your funny, your athletic, your caring, she lost someone special. If it was meant to be she wouldn't have done it. You have playoffs Friday. A whole life to look forward to" I said before i heard him sniffle. He was crying over her. I wiped his tears and he leaned his head on my chest. I couldn't say anything to make this any better. I ran my hands over and over his head to get him to calm down. "Im pathetic" he grumbled into me. "Dont ever say that" I snapped. I lead him to the couch and decided i would deal with this like i did with girls. Junk food, favorite movies, and talking. 

I grabbed a carton of ice cream and two spoons and handed one to him. "My head hurts" he said and i revealed my hand showing the white Tylenol pills. "Imma owe you the world after today is over" he said popping the pill and swallowing it. 

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching reruns of football games and marvel comics. We finished a carton of ice cream and talked for an hour. 

"How am I gonna do it? Go to school Monday" he asked me with big eyes. "Your gonna go. Strut your stuff. Dont make eye contact. Dont talk to them. Give yourself time to fix" I told him. "You will be there, right?" he questioned. "Of course, will im not going anywhere" I said. I leaned against the arm of the couch and soon my phone buzzed signalling Adaline calling.

"Where are you?" She hummed into the phone.

"Still at Wills, why?" I questioned her. Will waved to get my attention and signalled he would be right back.

"They made it offical" she quietly said into the phone. My heart sunk. I swear I felt it hit my feet and slowly come back to its original place. I mumbled some words before I clicked the end button on the phone and slumped into the couch wanting to hide. All to soon will propped down beside me and gave me a half smile.

"Will..." I nudged him. He looked towards me and I felt my heart breaking for him. "They made it offical"

Instantly the words tasted like vinegar slipping off my tongue. His hands went frantically to his phone and he was deleting everything. I heard him mumbling words before he launched it across the fragile apartment. With a loud ear screeching crack the phone hit the wall and clattered to the floor in pieces. I didn't know what to do. I gripped his hands firmly. They shook with violently with rage beneath my palm. I slowly calmed him down and placed his head on my chest leaning against the couch. I stroked his hair softly and listened to whatever he had to say. He was so damaged by this, I couldn't bring myself to leave him. I sent my mom a quick text telling her I'd be staying with Adeline till Wednesday. "Will?" I lifted his chin up. "I'm gonna stay a few more days, is that alright?" I asked him. He shook his head yes and layed back down. I had been heartbroken before and I knew this wasn't gonna help much but anything would be better then this.