And The Tears Stream Down My Face

LIAM'S POV

That doesn't sound like Danielle... As shocking as I took this I walked to the door ignoring Maddie.

"Liam! I swear if you hit her-" Zayn tried to calm my anger, you don't just slap a girl for no apparent reason. What did Maddie do wrong?

"Liam don't. We're only going to make things worse. Babe come on!" I looked back toward Maddie, her cheek all red. I huffed out an angry breath and walked back to her.

"I'm sorry. It's just I don't want you to get hurt." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Love, I'm fine. It is just one slap." We heard yelling outside the door. Go Bradford Boy!

Niall ran out of the house quicker than you could say Sugarscape three times in a row.

"Niall-" He slammed the door behind him. We tried to call him but he wouldn't pick up. Zayn came back in the apartment catching his breath from yelling.

"Zayn that really isn't like you." Maddie laughed.

"Well she shouldn't hurt our baby girl!" I raised an eyebrow, "Uh. I mean Liam's baby girl. Well you are our girl! Like a sister! We love you, not the way Liam does, but like family love." Maddie got up and hugged him tightly.

"And you're like my brother. Love you too!"

It got late and Niall still hasn't shown up. We tried calling him again but still hasn't picked up. It was around two am when he called Maddie. "Niall calm down! Where are you?" There were muffled sounds in the phone, "Niall. It's not your fault! Don't say it was your fault. I didn't know she was here, none of us did-"She gave me a strange look, "Okay Niall. I'm going to give the phone to Liam. Cause I have know idea what you are saying. But babe, this is not your fault! Don't be so hard on yourself. It was mistake. Please come home!" She handed the phone to me.

"Okay Niall. First off where are you? It's late and you need to come home. We have an interview tomorrow." Nial sighed through the phone, "Okay. And Nialler. We love you! We always will, even if it was a silly mistake. Now come on home! And when we get back to London we'll go to Nando's okay? Sounds good then!" Niall chuckled in the background. "Okay don't be out too late. Bye Niall." I hung up. "He'll be home in 45 mins. Just needed some air." Maddie chuckled, Louis shot her a look.

"What's so funny Sayre?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nothing Tommo! It's just funny how you guys persuade Niall by using the word Nando's to get him to come home."

Harry laughed, "What can we say, he loves his chicken!"

The rest of us went to bed around 2:30, Maddie stayed up and waited for Niall to come. I sat on the couch with her lying on my lap, "How's your cheek?"

"It's good. Doesn't hurt." She chuckled,

"I'm sorry babe-" She cut me off.

"Don't be sorry. I didn't know she'd hit me. It's fine. I've gotten into plenty of fights. It's not like I was going to hit her back..." I looked down at her.

"You weren't? And you get in fights?" I questioned.

"Is that surprising? And no I don't hit back unless I really mean to. And-" She took a deep breath, "I got in fights with the kids at school after my parents were killed, people thought it was for attention. I always got strange looks, people would always tell me Hunter was better off dead." She closed her eyes as if she was imagining it in her head.

"May I ask you something?"

"Of course." I took a deep breath.

"Why did he do it? Why him? I never understand suicide, like I do, but it's just heart breaking." She opened her eyes and looked at me; my gut told me I don't think I should have asked that.

MADDIE'S POV

I heard shuffling upstairs. 'Oh it's just my parents.' Then I heard some talking, then some screaming. I ran upstairs as the gun triggered the bullet hitting my mom. I screamed.

"NO! Stop!" The shooter looked at me.

"Shouldn't of done this to me Maddie." I gulped, do what? He pointed to my gun to my father.

"NO! STOP! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" My dad closed his eyes, my sister started crying. BANG!

"Eva, Eva. Should of told your sister to listen to me." WHAT THE HELL!? My sister broke down in tears as the shooter brought the gun to her head.

"One easy pull and she's gone Maddie." Tears streaming down,

"What do you want?" He didn't answer.

"I've always thought the best of you. But I guess I was wrong." He pulled the trigger, sending blood up and down the walls. I screamed covering my eyes in pure horror. He backed away slowly taking off the mask.

"Hunter?" I shouted, "I knew it was you."

"Than why didn't you stop me Maddie? Why didn't you stop me before. You broke my heart!"

"God damn it! I didn't know... Okay! It was freshman year. Fucking freshman year! Why can't you just get over her!" He lifted the gun to his chin.

I trusted you Maddie. I loved her! She was my best friend. And you couldn't tell me the one thing she did to me. Cheating on me." He cocked the gun.

"Hunter! It's been a year. She's moved on! Why can't you?" He pushed the gun closer to his skin.

"I am. Thanks for everything." Before I could say anything the gun went off.

I opened my eyes, in tears. He killed himself because of me... I could never wrap that around in my head. I looked up at Liam, he was in tears. "Liam please don't cry." I sat up and hugged him.

"Maddie, I'm so sorry! I didn't know." I smiled wiping his tears.

"It's okay. I've moved on. Now can we please get some sleep?" I knew I was going to cry even harder so I tried to change the subject. Liam smiled and stood up and I hopped on his back to our room. Where that night, I cried again. This time. Non-stop.