Chapter 2: Learning The Ropes

I wake to the sudden sound of music, I know this song or at least I think I do. I hear Ryla scream "WAKE UP IT'S SIX THIRTY!" I look around the dark room then the song name comes to me, I realize it's "Highway" by Bleeker I ask I'd hear Illiana mumble, I'd give no care to it. "Is this "Highway" by Bleeker?" I look at Ryla to hear her yell "YES, YOU'RE MY NEW FRIEND!" I'd feel good for once, I was able to talk to someone and get a nice comment back. I hear Illiana say "I knew this was "Highway" I fucking love this song!" I'd sit there in my bed, I'd realize it was six thirty, I'd hear Ryla answer back to Illiana "Then why didn't you say anything?" I'd see Illiana get up and grab clothes walking to the bathroom, I'd see her about to bump into a table, I'd get ready to warn her to hear her yelp "Owch." I'd remain silent starting to get up and out of my bed. As I got out of my bed I'd hear Illiana mumble "Moron" under her breath. I'd get out of my bed to feel the cold wooden floor under my feet as I grab my suitcase, I'd grab my normal outfit, track pants, t-shirt, and a sweater. As it was dark I'd get dressed, I'd just quickly brush my hair and then wait at the door to see Illiana come out ready. I would look at Ryla to hear her in an approving manner say "I approve of your outfits but, you're gonna need better shoes." I'd look at Ryla, "Arnt my sneakers enough?"  I'd see Ryla throw hiking boats at me, I'd sigh "I'm not wearing those, my sneakers are fine." I'd look at Ryla with an annoyed expression to hear her explain "OK, but if you trip and fall and slow us I'll kill you." I'd grunt and put on the boots. I'd hear Illiana chuckle and just ignore her.  I'd jump to hear Ryla holler "COME ON WE GOTTA GO!" I'd watch Ryla race out the door and slowly walk after her.  As I walk out of breath and tired I'd hear Ryla call out "THE FIRST CHALLENGE TODAY IS CAPTURE THE FLAG!" We walk out into the middle of the forest, I annoyingly look at all the trees still trying to find a tiny store or something, I hear Ryla explain "Follow me, there is my favorite tree I love to climb." I then hear Illiana call out "YES, I LOVE CLIMBING TREES." I'd sigh and then groan "I don't want to climb and I don't want to try to jump, these stupid boots are annoying me." I look at Ryla with an annoyed glance as she tells me "OK then, you can hide in the bush." I see Ryla climbing the tree with a duffel bag, I shout up "What is in the bag?" I then watch Illiana climb after Ryla, I sigh and look around. I look up at Ryla to hear her answer back "Ropes and scissors." I'd see Illiana about to talk "What did you expect? Butterfly's and ice cream?" I give Illiana a death glare but, she didn't see as she was too busy climbing. I'd shut up and then sit in the grass, I'd watch them climb wondering when they'd get down. I see them stop in the middle of the tree and look up at them, I hear girls screaming in the distance, I then hide in the bush.  I examine the ground so if I had to run I see where is a good spot to step, I see all spots are bad and look at the boots with a sigh. I see three other girls running our way and then watch Ryla get into a jumping position, I see flags then get ready to run. I look back hearing screaming and seeing Ryla jumping down with Illiana, I then see the other three girls stop dead in their tracks under Ryla and Illiana.  I watch as they fall right on them and see Ryla pull out scissors, I remain silent then i see one girl start to run, i chase after her. As I chased her I tripped over the root of a tree and fall into mud, I just lay in the mud to hear the girl i was chasing laughing at me. I go to get up feeling a sharp pain in my ankle and yelp "Owch." I see Ryla running up after the girl, I quickly roll out of Ryla's way as she tackles the girl to the ground. I get up staring at Ryla and then explain "I fell and was in hiking boots."In a rude tone.  I keep my weight off my ankle hoping no one else saw I did so and look at the girls tied to trees. After three hours of playing the game I hear the horn go off and then hear "AND THE WINNING TEAM IS ILLIANA PARKS, MARY ROSE AND RYLA SULLIA NO SURPRISE." "GREAT JOB GIRLS!" "FOOD WILL BE SERVER AT SIX!" We start walking back to camp, I was behind them like normal to see Ryla around and asks me "Why are you so slow?" I look at my ankle and stay silent as she turns around again and I limp behind them hearing Illiana ask "Are you limping?" I shake my head yes and continue to limp after them.  After awhile I see Illiana walk to me, and she helps me walk back to the cabin.