Masquerade - The Prologue (Never before seen) COMING SOON - Unedited

{Just a little opening to Masquerade and a hint at Rebecca's daily thoughts and what she does every day. Rebecca in the media box, and the song I instantly thought of while writing this.}

I guess you could say that I'm not the typical female teenager; with caked on make-up, short skirts and high heels. No thank you, I'd prefer not to have heels higher than my dreams...

But still even the worst can happen to someone like me; it could happen to anyone. I didn't ask for it, and I didn't want it. Yet, here I am, with it etched so deep in my memory that nothing can dig it out. So I have no other choice but to try and move on and forget.

I'll tell you how that works when I've actually succeeded...

I hate talking about it, but everyday I see it etched into peoples minds, just like my own. The looks I received from my parents, of disgust, in a way, and how they've treat me since, it makes me shudder just thinking about it really.

Now I live with my brothers who wanted to get me away from them, who are worse, they barely let me out of their sight and when they do, they make me have my phone and 4G on and charged at all times so they can use "track my iPhone" and know where I am whenever they want to check up on me, which is really annoying. The five of them suffocate me. I don't blame them. No ones knows my secret, except my family and a few others who would just rather forget I even exist now; and I don't blame them, it's my fault, my own fault.

So I just deal with everything. Call me stupid but it's just easier to pretend I don't exist, it's the way I like it now.

I haven't always been this way but people change, there was a time of day were everyone in the corridor knew my name, but now they don't even give me a second glance, and I like it.

I can't ever turn I'll tell you how that works when I've actually succeeded...

I hate talking about it, but everyday I see it etched into peoples minds, just like my own. The looks I received from my parents, of disgust, in a way, and how they've treat me since, it makes me shudder just thinking about it really.

Now I live with my brothers who wanted to get me away from them, who are worse, they barely let me out of their sight and when they do, they make me have my phone and 4G on and charged at all times so they can use "track my iPhone" and know where I am whenever they want to check up on me, which is really annoying. The five of them suffocate me. I don't blame them. No ones knows my secret, except my family and a few others who would just rather forget I even exist now; and I don't blame them, it's my fault, my own fault., no matter how much I want to, but at least I'm sort of happy. I suppose. There are worse off people.

"Becca" my older brother, Nathaniel, snapped me out of my trail of thought. "Hurry up!" He shouted, impatiently as ever.

I quickly put my 'mask' back on and head down the stairs with a smile on my face, ready to see my brothers.

Great... the first day of school.