{1} the deal

I woke up this morning excited to see the one person that actually made it worth going to Blackwell, Max. I thought that maybe I would be able to sneak a peak of her through her window, hoping to see her walking around.

'Ugh, I don't have time to play Peak-a-boo. It's twenty minutes until class starts.' I've always had a problem of talking to myself. I really need to stop that.

I grabbed my favorite meme shirt and threw it over my head. Only then realizing how all over the place my hair was, or at least more than it usually was.

Once I was finally dressed in my nerd attire, I stepped out my door and stared at the sight in front of me, Nathan Prescott. The biggest problem child in all of Arcadia Bay and the one person I would do anything to get away from.

"Sup Gayram" I never really understood why the guys in the dorms called me that name. If anything, Nathan was a closeted bisexual, not me. "Hey...Prescott." I could think of a million insults for him, but I never say them. I think I once heard Max call Logan a bully-jock-strap. It was one of the best insults I had heard from her in a while. Maybe that's why I like her so much.

"I heard you're all over Maxine." Well, obviously. I thought everyone knew that by now. "Well, yeah." I was being careful this morning. Something told me there was a reason why he started talking to me. He finally said something again, "Maybe you should back off." Did that really come out of his mouth? Was he developing a crush on Maxine Caulfield? Well, that was new for sure.

"So, your telling me, you stood outside my door, waiting on me to come out, so you could tell me to back off of Max? The person you tease and bully so much she would move to Alaska to get away from you?" He was uncomfortably shifting from foot to foot. Was he, nervous? A Prescott, nervous? No way. That's impossible.

"Well, I think that's what just came out of my mouth, so yes, yes I did. Now if you would get out of my face that would be nice." Is he an idiot or is it just me? He's the one that was standing outside my door for god knows how long. "Nathan, I have more of a chance with Max than you do." That was stupid, I've been in the friend zone with Max for as long as I've known her. I pretty much have no chance at all. "Oh, you do? How about this, we'll make a deal." Deals? With Nathan Prescott. This was a bad idea. "What's the deal?" Goddamnit, Warren! Your mouth just has a mind of its own doesn't it?

"If you can get Max to kiss you by Friday at 12 pm, I'll tell the Vortex members to back off and I'll do the same. And no, I'm not some sort of personal bodyguard, Gayboy." It sounded like a good deal to me. "And if I fail?" He thought for a moment, then spoke. "Your beatings and insults double, not to mention, Max would be mine." That was certainly enough for me. I really liked Max. Like, really liked Max. "Fine, it's a deal." My voice came off as a mumble as I walked away.

As I stood out side the dormitory doors, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I looked down, it was a text from Max.

Maximus Prime:Hey Warren. I'm not feeling well, so I was wondering if you could tell Mr. Jefferson that I won't be in class today.

Warren:Yeah! Sure. Why don't you feel well?

Maximus Prime:My stomach hurts and my nose is runny. Not to mention it feels like I'm eating tacks when I talk.

Warren:Wowzers. I'll make sure to tell him before class. Do you want me to come by later? Do you need anything?

She always hated it when I randomly came by her dorm. Maybe it would be okay if I warned her with my awkwardness this time.

Warren:It's okay if not, I totally understand :)

Maximus Prime:No Warren, it's okay! I'd love if you came by later. But you don't need to bring anything, I've got enough tissues already.

Warren:Alrighty then! I'll see you after class!

Maximus Prime:Okay Warren, calm down. I can still snot rocket on you. :)

Warren:I'll wear an old shirt. :)

With that final text sent, I started heading towards Blackwell. I have extra stuff to do and I've only got 4 minutes left until class starts.

Once I finally made it to Mr.Jeffersons room, I immediately started telling him about the whole Max situation. Not about her friend zoning me, about her missing class. He told me about how they were going to talk about the Daguerreon Process and me being a science nerd, completely zoned out.

I really have to get to Mrs.Grants room. She'll shove a testing tube down my throat if I'm late. I shuffled to my seat and sat right before the bell rung. This was going to be a long day.