8: Moving In

Note to the readers:

You might have questioned by now why the character in this story has a tendency to nod off or suddenly go unconscious. Well, I'll tell you that I happen to know from experience that when someone gets in a car accident like that, they spend a LOT of time sleeping while their bones knit and their flesh re-generates.

As for the conking out, well... let's just say that the mind is a fickle thing, and proving to it that everything it senses as being imaginary is actually real can cause a rather volatile reaction.

If you didn't notice, then never mind, 'cause it's not going to happen again... I think.

Also, three days have passed since the end of the last chapter - ten since the SI's initial transfer.

"Okay, is everybody here?"

It was dinnertime yet again at the Masaki house, and its various inhabitants had gathered to eat. Included was their mysterious visitor from Iowa, who at the moment wore an unusually large grin.

"Very well, then," The red-haired scientist continued. "I have an announcement to make."

"This isn't going to end up like the last announcement you made, is it?" Sasami asked with concern.

"There's not another strange man you've been hiding, is there?" The older princess quipped.

"Yeah, what about it, Washu?" Ryoko added.

"Now, now, settle down, girls. I was just going to say that, due to the odd nature of our recent visitor's appearance, he'll be unable if not incapable of returning home. Got that?"

A moment of silence passed as everybody thought that over.

Ryoko's head hit the table. "Great." she mumbled.

"Another 'Big Brother', yay!" the young princes exclaimed.

"Oh, dear. This could get interesting." the other thought aloud.

Tenchi sweat-dropped and scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I guess we can handle one more person living here. Why not?" He decided.

"Very well, then. Since none of you seem TOO upset by that," Washu decided, glancing at her much-annoyed daughter.

"He stays." Katsuhito concluded.

The boy, who this whole time couldn't stop grinning, immediately broke out in an odd sort of irregular laugh as he shook his head.

"Haha. Ha, oh man. Oh man, oh man. Heeee...whew!"

Everyone stared at Elliot like he'd lost his wits. He smacked the table.

"THANK you, Washu." He finally said, regaining his composure. Somewhat.