Part 2

"Hey stop!" Eva squealed. Chris was tossing soap in her hair, so much for actual cleaning.

Eva wanted to say that Chris was only there
because he knew that she needed help; That he was doing this out of the kindness of his heart.
Mostly though Eva knew that the idea of Christoffer Schistad simply helping her out to be nice was utter bullshit.

"Sorry, no can do. It's my job to spice up cleaning and not even you can stop me!" Chris spoke with a teasing tone. He than sprayed the water bottle in her face.

Eva sighed. "Fine, if that's how you want to play it!" Eva retaliated by mashing a handful of soap into Chris's precious hair. Serves him right.

"How dare you! Not the hair." Chris said, "it's all I have!" He whined jokingly. Chris ran a hand through his now ruined and frowned.

Eva giggled at his tragedy. "Poor you." You could practically hear the smirk in her voice.

Unfortunately her win was short lived. Eva slipped on the soapy floor. If Chris had been a gentleman he would've caught her, but no he was a teenage boy.

His laughing was audible as Eva hit the ground. Served her right Chris supposed, trying to beat him. Eva pouted on the ground for a moment before Chris graciously offered her a hand. How kind.

Eva stuck a foot out as Chris moved forward to help her up. He too landed with a thud beside her. It wasn't over yet.

Chris looked alarmed before using the proximity to his advantage. He slid over until he was on top of the ginger. Her smug look was quickly wiped from her face.

Eva's heart automatically picked up the pace. Her mind wanted to remind her that this was just Chris, and they were simply friends, but her heart didn't seem to get the memo. She could feel his breath on her face and she wanted to lean in. To be even closer to him.

Chris opened his mouth to say something, probably to hint at victory, but Eva's mouth met his lips first. Chris quickly reciprocated with just as much passion.

Everywhere that Chris ran his hands over her skin Eva could feel bursts of fire.

Fire.

That's what it was that was cursing through the both of them. This kiss was so different from the ones before it. Eva spent a moment just feeling it before she took over. Eva flipped on top of him.

That's when she saw his face. It looked dazed and his red lips were swollen. It was that moment when Eva knew.

This wasn't just another round of their ongoing game of casual hookups.

That thought scared Eva more than she would ever admit.

"Ping!"

Eva's phone again sounded, this time alerting her of a text. This awoke Eva from her bewildered state. She rolled off of Chris to look at the text.

Mom: Hey Sweetie, I'm sorry. I just got a call from the office saying that they needed me in Switzerland for an urgent matter. :( I'm so sorry baby. There's money in the drawer and you know the drill. I'll be back as soon as I can!

This message clearly disappointed Eva. She had wanted to see her mom. She then looked over at Chris, his face blank. Eva turned away.

what was she gonna say?

Eva knew she should tell Chris that her mom wasn't coming and that they didn't need to finish cleaning.

She really should.

But she didn't want to. She wanted Chris to stay.

"What was that?" Chris interrupted her train of thought.

Eva stood up from the ground and composed herself enough to talk.

"Umm nothing. Just Vilde, anyway shouldn't we get back to it? Gotta finish cleaning this mess."

Chris shrugged as she stood nervously. Why hadn't she told him?

Oh crap, now Eva knew she wanted him there. She couldn't blame it on needing help cleaning the house.

She was screwed.

Hopefully not literally though, because that certainly would not help the situation.

________________________________

After the incident and the message from Eva's mother, they somehow managed to actually clean.

"Hey so are we good?" Chris asked as he finished wiping down the counter, a large trash bags of red cups filled to brim besides his feet.

He casually wiped sweat off his brow and Eva pretended to be unfazed when his shirt brushed up in the act. 

"Sure, my mom should be here soon." Eva fibbed. She'd been to embarrassed to tell him that she'd actually wanted him to stay.

Nor had she admitted to herself that that was the motive for her lie. 

This certainly wasn't how it was supposed to go.

"Ok great. I've got to go pick up my sister." Chris said, looking down at his phone. Eva assumed he was texting said sister. Truly she hadn't even known he'd had a sister.

Actually what did Eva know about Chris?

The short list mostly consisted of his promiscuity, affinity towards fights, and his friendship with William.

Of course there were quirks like his crooked smile when he listened to her ramble, truly listened.  His wry sense of unexpected humor, and his entire attitude. 

From his exterior personality that's all you could see, attractive and unattached to everyone except William.

But Eva knew that that wasn't all, there was something more. Something that interested her    

A glint in his eyes and a moment where his facade fell flat. There definitely was something there that just drew her in more.

Chris looked up meeting Eva's eyes, interrupting her train of thought. "This was fun. We should do this again."

"Uh ya sure." Eva replied, about to insert a sarcastic remark she'd recycled from Noora, when she felt Chris's lips on her cheek.

She stood still unsure how to react to the events happening. Before she'd been able to find something to say Chris was already out the door.

"Bye." He said before closing the door.

Shit.

Eva was near speechless as dumb as that sounds. Something was clearly going on that could not be dismissed as a hookup.

That was terrifying to her. The last time Eva had lost control of her emotions, and all sense it seemed.

She ended up losing her best friends, but more importantly, herself. 

This wasn't good. Eva couldn't do that again. She was supposed to be strong now.

Good hair and a pretty boy weren't supposed to get in the way of that. Eva knew Chris was more than that, but that was the problem. 

She was in deep.
Real deep.