For you

It was a normal day.

I guess.

Just the usual happenings.

The everyday scene.

Well that's what I thought.

Later that night, the house was awfully quiet. Instead of a happy dinner we shared every night, silence resigned the whole house. Nothing left to do so I chose to sleep.

A few minutes after even before my sleep could get deeper. My Lola Aunt's voice echoed.

"Cynthia! Wala na ang papa mo." Mom is still asleep. Well as for me. Shock was evident in my face. I tried to wake up Mama.

"Ha?! Ano?!" Mama said. She was asleep and shock of course.

She hurriedly got up from bed and fix herself.

While on the ride my tears keep falling and falling.

"Kuya pakibilisan naman." Mama said while tears escaping her eyes.

For that moment I can't think. Just pain. All I can feel is pain. I can't think straight. I was 7 years old for pete's sake!

When we got to the hospital. . .

There he was. . .

Lying. . .

Lifeless.

I saw Mommy crying and shouting Daddy's name.

I walk towards him.

Seeing him this close. More tears fell.

I don't know what do.

I'm not functioning anymore.

All I can see were people who already cried their heart out.

For a seven year old. It was too much.

Someone can't bear.

That scene. That exact same scene keeps on playing. Everytime I tried to remeber Daddy. That was the only thing I can see. I was too young when decided to go. Too young to even remember anything.

The day came, the day that we will send him to his final destination. The day we really had to bid our goodbye. The last time we will see him.

Everyone is crying. Of course who wouldn't. Daddy is a great person. A great Father. A great grandfather. A friend. A bestfriend.

After that. Nothing. It stops there. I can't remember anything anymore. Just that.

Now. Nine years had passed. Nine years without him. Our family was shattered. Shattered by fights, misunderstandings. Unresolved issues. But still, we managed to get together again for you. Our worlds stop for a little and spend our time together while remembering you and happy moments with you.

I made this to say thank you.
Thank you, for the seven years of my life you spend with me. The times we're being toppled within, you were the one that try to bring us back again. I may not remember anything in seven years, I want to let you know that I'm thankful. Thankful that you are my Daddy. I know you won't be able to read this but, this is all I can do to give my gratitude. Thank you daddy and We love you. I wish you're here with us. You always wanted a grandson but what can we do? We're all girls. But fate has it own ways. When you passed away, my little brother was born. I guess he was your proxy. Not your replacement of course, because you can never be replaced. Then next to him were all boys. How funny that when you were still with us God didn't give us what we expect. But maybe when you were up there with him. You whispered to his ears and wish that  he'll send us these amazing children, as your proxy. So they'll be our guidance. One last thing Daddy. I know you're always with us. No matter what we do or where we are you're there. Thank you and please always guide us. I know you have already found you're happiness and peace up there. You've sacrificed too much for our family. Maybe it was really for the better. You need to rest, and as for us we needed to live without you and learn all by ourselves. Thank you. We Love you. You'll always be in our hearts. And as for me? I'll try to remember a happy moment instead of that one. Thank you Daddy. I love you.

"Okay Guys!!! Picture picture!" Well atleast I got one good memory of you now. You're the one that keeps us together.

Love you Daddy!!

For all Grandchilds out there. Spend you're time with your grandparents or with your family. Treasure them. Treasure every moment you're with them. 'cause we'll never know when will they left. And all we could do is to regret, regret that we didn't even spend an hour talking or eating with them. Don't let moments turn into memories. Or worst you have nothing to remember.

===================
Date started: January 30, 2017
Date finished: